Dish network deal is important for all

This was my thinking with the Dish/AMC squabble, and look how that turned out. Dish is really shooting themselves in the foot with these problems. Fortunately, I have DirecTV so I haven't had any problems.

I read that the Dish/AMC thing won't get resolved anytime soon, due to a lawsuit that's involved......

I had enough with Dish. I called and made the switch to DTV last night. I haven't advised Dish that I am switching yet but I got home from work a little bit ago and see that I am missing channels 5-100 on dish. Imagine that, the day after I call DTV I have another problem with Dish. Seems to me that my decision to switch was a good one. Plus, FREE Sunday Ticket and my bill is $45.00 less per month for comparable programming. It will still be 30.00 less next year.

I had enough with Dish. I called and made the switch to DTV last night. I haven't advised Dish that I am switching yet but I got home from work a little bit ago and see that I am missing channels 5-100 on dish. Imagine that, the day after I call DTV I have another problem with Dish. Seems to me that my decision to switch was a good one. Plus, FREE Sunday Ticket and my bill is $45.00 less per month for comparable programming. It will still be 30.00 less next year.

I sure hope you took advantage of using somebody else's account number so you can both save 10 bucks a month..I've been dying to get someone to help me with that.

I sure hope you took advantage of using somebody else's account number so you can both save 10 bucks a month..I've been dying to get someone to help me with that.

I did. I have a good buddy that has been telling me to switch for years. We will be saving the 10 bucks.

I called Dish to cancel my service and I was not pleased. I was transferred 3 times and then hung up on. Great service... further validates my decision to switch.

15 quality channels? I think there is way more than that. USA, TNT, MLB, TBS, NFL Network, HBO, MAX, Showtime, Bravo, Discovery, HGTV, Comedy Central, CSN, WGN, FOX NEWS, MSNBC, All the ESPN's, BTN, AMC, Travel Channel, History Channel, hell even Straz has some good shows.

Sure this is a ton of crap, all the shopping, religious, foreign language channels, etc.

Nothing will be perfect until the consumer is allowed to pick what channels they want and ones they don't.

If btn and dish don't close then it could mean trouble for everyone. If direct is the only sat provider to have btn then they will no doubt turn the screws on the btn when their contract comes up for renewal. Knowing they are the only provider could do harm to the btn and the rest of us. Direct has had their squabbles in the past over networks as well. Could be bad for all. M

How does this affect the good people of Papua New Guinea? I'd beg to differ that this here does not mean trouble fer everyone.

My GAWD!
Tex, yew only have a mere 69 posts, but ever one of them has been top quality.
I like the cut of your jib, sailor.

15 quality channels? I think there is way more than that. USA, TNT, MLB, TBS, NFL Network, HBO, MAX, Showtime, Bravo, Discovery, HGTV, Comedy Central, CSN, WGN, FOX NEWS, MSNBC, All the ESPN's, BTN, AMC, Travel Channel, History Channel, hell even Straz has some good shows.

Sure this is a ton of crap, all the shopping, religious, foreign language channels, etc.

Nothing will be perfect until the consumer is allowed to pick what channels they want and ones they don't.

That's probably never going to happen, and if it does, your 10 channels is going to cost you almost as much as 100 you get now. Ala carte cable is a fantasy.

I can't even remember the last time I watched any of those channels, outside of AMC and the sports channels. If I could pay 50 bucks just for the sports channels I wanted I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I can't even remember the last time I watched any of those channels, outside of AMC and the sports channels. If I could pay 50 bucks just for the sports channels I wanted I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I'm looking forward the day I can pay for just the ESPN family and BTN, direct over the internet. That day is coming soon.

Latest posts