Disappointment

billy22

Minnesota and Northwestern are terrible. I don't care that northwestern beat MSU today. These performances the last 2 weeks are just awful. Wadley needs to be the change of pace back that gets around 20 touches and most of those are passes out of backfield. They are ruining this guy with all the hits he is taking. He has been my biggest dissapointment. I was going to go to the game next weekend, I'm sure I will still go, but not overly excited. Go Hawks!

Nah, we'll get paired up with a MAC team who's down to their 4th string QB who hasn't thrown a pass in three years.

Seriously though, how lucky are we that we play in a conference with some of the worst offenses (including ours)? Our defense has been solid this year, but it's not like we've played against powerhouses. We lucked out against PSU to not break in the redzone.

I think OSU can name the score.

Minnesota and Northwestern are terrible. I don't care that northwestern beat MSU today. These performances the last 2 weeks are just awful. Wadley needs to be the change of pace back that gets around 20 touches and most of those are passes out of backfield. They are ruining this guy with all the hits he is taking. He has been my biggest dissapointment. I was going to go to the game next weekend, I'm sure I will still go, but not overly excited. Go Hawks!

I didnt go tonite but I will go next week to see what could be a powerhouse. I dont see how our offense scores 10 points but I would still love to see the big upset.

Iowa could win...

It is at home...

OSU and PSU played close...Iowa was close to PSU...

Iowa has the ability to play defense...and hold OSU in check...

Tough to beat OSU with 10-17 points...

Iowa needs a couple of big plays...pick six and/or punt return...etc.

Iowa needs some refs who are willing to call a fair game and not give the borderline calls to the chosen Big10 team for the playoffs...refs tonight...not good.

Go Iowa

Iowa could win...

It is at home...

OSU and PSU played close...Iowa was close to PSU...

Iowa has the ability to play defense...and hold OSU in check...

Tough to beat OSU with 10-17 points...

Iowa needs a couple of big plays...pick six and/or punt return...etc.

Iowa needs some refs who are willing to call a fair game and not give the borderline calls to the chosen Big10 team for the playoffs...refs tonight...not good.

Go Iowa
Punt return? I don't think we've had one over 10 yards all year.

A punt return would be an aberration based on this year's history...but it will be needed, a miracle or two...

Or a blocked punt for a TD like we did at Penn State a few years ago...it is how you beat a better team...

VDB is the safe punt returner...we might want to try a dynamic option...along with the risk connected to it...

OSU played sloppy today vs PSU...they can repeat...

I don't see Iowa getting its doors blown off for some reason...I think it will be a game.

The odds are, sooner or later, for Kirk to beat OSU...why not next week?

Granted fantasy talk...but stranger things have happened in sports, many of them.

Fans will flood the field, Kirk will cry during the interview...like back in the day...

I was at the Gophers game tonight. The atmosphere couldn't have been anymore dull! It was such a boring football game. IDK, at this point this season couldn't end any sooner. The offense is so fricking boring to watch. The best part of the game that got me excited was at the end of the 1st Q and the entire Gopher team came out onto the field as a unit and waved to the kids in the hospital. Ohio St is going to just shred us next week. This Iowa team has no passion or fire in it's belly, very blah football. It's so depressing to think that we are stuck with this head coach until possible 2025, and it's only 2017!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Northwestern isn’t terrible, that’s too extreme for me but the Iowa offense might be fairly described as terrible.

I concur as I wouldn't call Northwestern terrible either. I watched their game vs MSU today and what was striking is that I felt like Kirk Ferentz was on the sideline coaching NW.

Today I was asking myself why in the world are we THE ONLY D-1 team that I know of that still insists on using a fullback?? Does the FB give us an edge that results in Iowa being among the best rushing teams in the conference? Does having the FB lead to Iowa consistently having manageable 3rd and short situations? (insert laugh here) If it doesn't yield benefits, then WHY??
Why are we so methodical and dull on offense? Why do we continue to run AW into an 8-man front when any idiot can see it leading to no gain. Why do we seem to ALWAYS run AW to the short-side of the field? It's like we are intentionally handicapping ourselves by not running AW wide with space to cut and dazzle.
You think you and I are pissed about this stifled Offense... just imagine how AW must feel. Swimming up river handcuffed with a lead weight around his neck about sums it up.
The answer to Why? for each of my ramblings is clear...it's who and it ain't BF.

Today I was asking myself why in the world are we THE ONLY D-1 team that I know of that still insists on using a fullback?? Does the FB give us an edge that results in Iowa being among the best rushing teams in the conference? Does having the FB lead to Iowa consistently having manageable 3rd and short situations? (insert laugh here) If it doesn't yield benefits, then WHY??
Why are we so methodical and dull on offense? Why do we continue to run AW into an 8-man front when any idiot can see it leading to no gain. Why do we seem to ALWAYS run AW to the short-side of the field? It's like we are intentionally handicapping ourselves by not running AW wide with space to cut and dazzle.
You think you and I are pissed about this stifled Offense... just imagine how AW must feel. Swimming up river handcuffed with a lead weight around his neck about sums it up.
The answer to Why? for each of my ramblings is clear...it's who and it ain't BF.
Agree 100%!! Confusing yet clearly obvious.

The OFFENSE per se is not bad, because Stanley was tremendous today. But the other skill positions are a mess. Too many WR drops and both Butler and Wadley did nothing. Hell, give Toryn Young 20 carries against OSU. He can't be any worse than our seniors.

I remember all the way back to 5 weeks ago when everyone sold the ISU win as a win over a terrible team

We get it, ISU is pretty good this year. No reason to beat a dead horse. No one knew they would be this good.

Terrible atmosphere at the game, ya it was chilly, but when did Iowa fans get so wimpy? Only a few people in my section were cheering. To be honest there was very little to cheer about outside the defense. Vandenberg couldn't make my mom miss on punt returns and our D- line couldn't generate any pressure until late in the game when Minny had to go for it. The DROPS were very disappointing as all three were drive killers. Finally the officiating was completely one sided. No holds on Minny! Four on Iowa! The last series I saw two take down tackles by Minny lineman right in front of the official who pretended not to see it. Plus what was the reason for the review on the fumble, was it obvious on camera? The big screen didn't show any indication and I thought they were checking the spot of the football. Plus it took so long, was it definitive?

Terrible atmosphere at the game, ya it was chilly, but when did Iowa fans get so wimpy? Only a few people in my section were cheering. To be honest there was very little to cheer about outside the defense. Vandenberg couldn't make my mom miss on punt returns and our D- line couldn't generate any pressure until late in the game when Minny had to go for it. The DROPS were very disappointing as all three were drive killers. Finally the officiating was completely one sided. No holds on Minny! Four on Iowa! The last series I saw two take down tackles by Minny lineman right in front of the official who pretended not to see it. Plus what was the reason for the review on the fumble, was it obvious on camera? The big screen didn't show any indication and I thought they were checking the spot of the football. Plus it took so long, was it definitive?

The fumble was a fumble only if you as a ref on the field think Butler was not down by forward progress. My gawd he had gained 19 yards, had his second effort, was being held horizontally for a second by 3 tacklers and the play should have been whistled dead. The refs were bad on two of Iowa's holding calls and yes how could minny not hold.

The OFFENSE per se is not bad, because Stanley was tremendous today. But the other skill positions are a mess. Too many WR drops and both Butler and Wadley did nothing. Hell, give Toryn Young 20 carries against OSU. He can't be any worse than our seniors.

What game did you watch? Blame Wadley?

Latest posts