Disappointment

Billy, tell me if you recognize the following two numbers

&

Those are the final numbers in 3 Iowa games this year. Those final scores sum up 2 decades of boring, uninspired Kirkball. Oh, and of course Iowa LOST 2 of those 3 games. Playing to the level of your opponent is a sign of bad coaching. But hey, he's a likable guy . . . in the same way Mike Riley is likable.

Today I was asking myself why in the world are we THE ONLY D-1 team that I know of that still insists on using a fullback??
Wisconsin, Alabama, MSU, Michigan, Georgia, Stanford, NC State, and many other teams ALL still use the FB. Many others still use the TE as a FB out of their sets.

Many people confuse the Pro-Style offense as the source of our offensive woes. All the aforementioned teams run Pro-Style sets and schemes, in some form or another. Our offensive woes come from a combination of poor execution and poor playcalling.

The most frustrating part is you can see glimpses of what could be in missed assignments. ISM would have had a 95-yd TD if he held onto that ball. Multiple drives were killed last night by drops, missed blocks, or penalties (those holding calls were complete bullshit). Most offenses in the country are going to struggle if they are behind the sticks that often, no matter the scheme.

This Iowa team has no passion or fire in it's belly, very blah football. It's so depressing to think that we are stuck with this head coach until possible 2025, and it's only 2017!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You didn’t watch well enough. Team was plenty fired up.

And, yes, we have KF as HC for a long time!!!!!!!!! What’s the point in complaining about it all the time???????

Billy, tell me if you recognize the following two numbers

&

Those are the final numbers in 3 Iowa games this year. Those final scores sum up 2 decades of boring, uninspired Kirkball. Oh, and of course Iowa LOST 2 of those 3 games. Playing to the level of your opponent is a sign of bad coaching. But hey, he's a likable guy . . . in the same way Mike Riley is likable.
What an exceptional analysis. I’m just...dumbstruck with the profoundness and display of football knowledge. Now if we can just get da horses we’ll be set.

What game did you watch? Blame Wadley?
I like stats. And right now his stats scream "average Big 10 running back". It certainly could be the OL, but we're eight games in. It's ridiculous that Toryn Young can't see the field over a one-armed RB, at least.

I really think Wadley is missing LeShun Daniels. Wadley is a playmaker, but he's not an every down guy. You could tell he was a little tentative after the hit he took along the sideline Saturday. He missed a few holes and running lanes after that.

I like stats. And right now his stats scream "average Big 10 running back". It certainly could be the OL, but we're eight games in. It's ridiculous that Toryn Young can't see the field over a one-armed RB, at least.

Completely agree about Young. That's KFism. Wadley? Even our NFL guy got stopped on 4th down running into a wall.

Latest posts