Disappointed

hawkfan44

Not in the team. I'm disappointed in posters, and people on Twitter. Teams lose games, not players. Y'all want to win championships, root for Bama.. Most y'all didn't listen to the real shitty Iowa teams before Fry!

Not in the team. I'm disappointed in posters, and people on Twitter. Teams lose games, not players. Y'all want to win championships, root for Bama.. Most y'all didn't listen to the real shitty Iowa teams before Fry!

Those that were around did.

There is nothing wrong with expressing disappointment in the team in general and in the coaches. Calling out players is just plain wrong, at least in what there are doing.

I certainly didn't listen to or watch the Hawks until Hayden got them good!

Of course, I was like 5 when they Fry went to his first Rose Bowl. I'm reminded to this day that I asked during the game why we weren't trying.

I’d be ok with calling out the players if and only if posters have to post their real names and address. The same is true for posters calling out other posters. A bunch of brave guys hiding under their momma’s skirt. I’d be ok with real names and even addressses being on every post. Somehow I think peoples tone would change. Why should Rob and Jon be the only that have to do this.

I was never so glad to see Bob leave and Hayden come in. I didn’t really know who Kirk was when he was named to be the new coach but when I found out he coached the offensive lines under Hayden and also did the same in the NFL I was fine with it. I strongly defended him on here and over on Hawk Forum during those first two years and things took a good turn in year three by going 7-5. Then came those three back to back to back top ten seasons and those who supported him, well we looked like genius’s. However the road after that began to feel like a roller coaster. The really good season a lot less often and too many underwhelming seasons folllowed.

Hiring Greg as the OC was a huge mistake. I’ve withheld my judgement on Brian and am actually some what happy to see him bring some fun back into the play calling whether it works or not.

I am disappointed in the two lossses ONLY because we were in position to win both games. Although I predicted 10-2 this year with the two losses coming from the games we have lost. Yes o e player did have his worst game of his career and I think or hope it never happens again.

Like many others I hate losing games we should have won. It starts to get old being a hawk fan and getting your hopes up just to see the dashed because of mental errors by the coaching staff or players. I am sure he feels terrible about the game and probably holds himself responsible for the loss.

I guess we praise the players when they do good and gripe when they screw up. That’s just part of the game. It’s hard to tell people they can’t do either one. That’s just part of being a sports fan. Heck, even Jon was hard on him. It’s really difficult not to point the finger as a player they had such a terrible game. Lessons should have been learned in this game and likely was. I hope moving forward we don’t see these types of major mistakes out of this particular position ovine forward regardless of who is playing it.

Oh I forgot to add; I’ll take 10-2 but we got to win the rest and I think we can do it.

Super disappointed. In the team, in the players, in the coaches. It's my right as a fan to be pissed. I still think if Iowa can muster anything above 8-4 I am going to be extremely satisfied with this season. The players played the best they could, they weren't good enough. Winning college footballs aint easy, Iowa wins more than most. I want them to win more tho. :(

I used to think this... but look at facebook comments. It doesn't stop people.

This is true for some who lack good judgement, but there are many who do watch what they put out there on Facebook. After all it could cost them their jobs like it has others on Facebook. Your always going to have idiots where ever you go but responsible people would at least think twice before posting something if it could come back to bite them in the a$$.

I used to think this... but look at facebook comments. It doesn't stop people.

yeah, it just doesn't stop people. I saw a dude on Twitter calling Stanley every name in the book... look at his profile and he's an insurance sales man in Iowa and his profile is him with his 3 kids and lovely family. People take things really hard I guess.

This is true for some who lack good judgement, but there are many who do watch what they put out there on Facebook. After all it could cost them their jobs like it has others on Facebook. Your always going to have idiots where ever you go but responsible people would at least think twice before posting something if it could come back to bite them in the a$$.

reasonable people think about that stuff... idiots don't. I have a an awesome new device that allows me to detect racists, bigots and irrational people with horrible thoughts in their heads. It's called "Facebook".

If that's true, then that means we shouldn't say things like "Stanley is 6-2 this year" or "Ricky Stanzi won three bowl games at Iowa" yada yada yada. The TEAM won or lost those games, right?

Although if you read between the lines, I'd say Iowa had a great year in 2009 largely because of its defense. And I'd say Iowa pretty much lost to PSU Saturday because of Stanley's poor performance. I think that's all fair to say. Let's give credit where credit is due.

That said, all the personal attacks on players is WAY out of bounds. OK, if it's Pierre Pierce we're talking about, then that's fair game IMO. But because of a player's on-field performance? That's uncalled for. I'm disappointed in NS's performance the last couple games too, but come on. Some people need to get a grip.

Sorry, but comparing now and pre-Hayden is apples and oranges. I'm sixty and have been a Hawk fan since about 10 years old. Yup, listening to WHO back then was the thing.

Iowa hasn't been sh!t-bad for over 40 years.

Since then we've spend hundreds of millions of dollars on upgrades, coaches, etc. We recruit at a decent level and have had moderate to premier success during that time.

The trouble as I see it, Iowa gives us a taste of eliteness then pulls it away. It sniffs the air of national recognitition/acceptance, then dives back into the 'average' pond.

To wit: There is no reason Iowa couldn't and shouldn't be 8-0 right now. It comes down to finding inglorious, inept and ingenious ways to lose. One week talking about Indy and the playoffs...the next, after a bonehead game, which consolation-prize bowl do we want to go to.

People are voicing opinions as to why that is. I have no problem with it.

For one thing, once you get to the top 20, except for a few exceptions, just about anyone can beat anyone any given Saturday. The margins get much tighter.
I agree as someone on here said, they just aren't ready for the big time. Closer for sure, but just need that last little push.
Finish the year really strong, win the bowl game and shoot for the playoffs next year. On Iowa!!

If that's true, then that means we shouldn't say things like "Stanley is 6-2 this year" or "Ricky Stanzi won three bowl games at Iowa" yada yada yada. The TEAM won or lost those games, right?

Although if you read between the lines, I'd say Iowa had a great year in 2009 largely because of its defense. And I'd say Iowa pretty much lost to PSU Saturday because of Stanley's poor performance. I think that's all fair to say. Let's give credit where credit is due.

That said, all the personal attacks on players is WAY out of bounds. OK, if it's Pierre Pierce we're talking about, then that's fair game IMO. But because of a player's on-field performance? That's uncalled for. I'm disappointed in NS's performance the last couple games too, but come on. Some people need to get a grip.

The team also lost because of the O-line's performance, the D performance on McSorley's TD run, poor kickoff coverage that lead to a FG, etc. etc.

yeah, it just doesn't stop people. I saw a dude on Twitter calling Stanley every name in the book... look at his profile and he's an insurance sales man in Iowa and his profile is him with his 3 kids and lovely family. People take things really hard I guess.
It’s a facade then. It’s impossible to compartmentalize that kind of behavior. I would bet his wife and kids are verbally and psychologically abused.

And I wouldn’t buy anything from him.

The team also lost because of the O-line's performance, the D performance on McSorley's TD run, poor kickoff coverage that lead to a FG, etc. etc.
Illinois and Indiana are the only b10 teams to give up more points to PSU, then Iowa did. Indiana gave up 3 more.

Is there something wrong with calling out a player's poor performance? I don't mean calling him names, and ranting on about his character, but expressing an opinion that a player did not perform the way in which he was expected to perform should somehow be off limits - fans can only talk about the team regarding a loss? Should the same standard apply to a win - no individual accolades are allowed? Yes, there were problems aplenty on Saturday, but Stanley played particularly poorly for most of the game. Maybe it was so obvious that it doesn't bear discussion.

Is there something wrong with calling out a player's poor performance? I don't mean calling him names, and ranting on about his character, but expressing an opinion that a player did not perform the way in which he was expected to perform should somehow be off limits - fans can only talk about the team regarding a loss? Should the same standard apply to a win - no individual accolades are allowed? Yes, there were problems aplenty on Saturday, but Stanley played particularly poorly for most of the game. Maybe it was so obvious that it doesn't bear discussion.

Personally, I say saying a player played like dog **** is fair. They are aware they played that way, everyone is.
But as a team, they win and lose. Like I said, we gave up far to many points.
No blame, there is enough for everyone, coaches and players.

Latest posts