Dillusional Georgia Tech Fans

Stupid GT fans. They wouldn't have even had to worry about any of this if Stanzi never got hurt, Iowa would have been undefeated!!!

I wouldn't say that. Had Stanzi not gotten hurt, we still wouldn't have played GT. But we wouldn't have been undefeated. We'd have beaten Northwestern, then lost to OSU, securing the Rose Bowl. But Vandenberg gave us the best chance to win. If we could have had a healthy 4th quarter Ricky at the end, then we'd have won. But against that defense, Stanzi may not have put himself in position to pull off any late heroics. Vandenberg was lights out for most of that game.

I wouldn't say that. Had Stanzi not gotten hurt, we still wouldn't have played GT. But we wouldn't have been undefeated. We'd have beaten Northwestern, then lost to OSU, securing the Rose Bowl. But Vandenberg gave us the best chance to win. If we could have had a healthy 4th quarter Ricky at the end, then we'd have won. But against that defense, Stanzi may not have put himself in position to pull off any late heroics. Vandenberg was lights out for most of that game.

Umm...no. He had a good game and made some great throws, but he threw a some bad balls, and lucky on a pick 6 coming back due to a penalty.

Umm...no. He had a good game and made some great throws, but he threw a some bad balls, and lucky on a pick 6 coming back due to a penalty.

Look, I'm as big a Stanzi fan as you'll see, but his penchant for mistakes in the first 3 quarters would have doomed Iowa. Maybe he wouldn't have made those mistakes. We'll never know. But it would be foolish to assume that he would have played his first perfect game against arguably the best defense in the country.

My post was an attempt at dumb sarcasm.

If OSU beat Iowa, they would go to the Rose Bowl in that scenario. Iowa would have one loss to OSU, and OSU would have one loss to Purdue. OSU would win the tie-breaker and go to the Rose Bowl.

Cibula, all I am saying is they used the long layoff excuse, and so did we. We aren't that much different as fans in that respect. That is all I meant. You are reading more into what I said, or I didn't communicate what I was thinking very well.

A very short grammar lesson:

I watched Iowa's D dominate the Yellow Jackets.

Iowa's D was dominant against G Tech.

Dominate is a verb. Dominant is an adjective.

Signed,
The Grammar Police

Way to look for spelling and correct usage of words on a fan messageboard! Thumbs up to you!

Latest posts