Different Year, Same Result.

With the exception of Garza, this group represents the same level of talent Fran has recruited all ten years at Iowa. Adding the POY made them only slightly better, but still no B10 championship or any kind of NCAA run.

Weiskamp is good, too. But it's the same shit as every other year. Has two Big Ten caliber starters and 8 guys who would all be solid to mediocre backups on an elite team. Fran should give Garza half of the money he got off that contract extension.

With the exception of Garza, this group represents the same level of talent Fran has recruited all ten years at Iowa. Adding the POY made them only slightly better, but still no B10 championship or any kind of NCAA run.

Um I'm by no means sticking up for Fran, but how do you say with the exception of Garza, this group represents the same level of talent Fran has recruited all ten years"? IMO it's saying we'll throw out one of the greatest Hawkeye's of all time, that he recruited to take a shot at the talent level he's recruited. I think Fran's brought in a number of high quality players while he's been here. The problem I think he has is the fact that they all have the same DNA and come from the same mold. There has to be diversity mixed into the talent. His problem is that his desired players are normally tall, skinny, stretch 3s that can shoot from the perimeter. It's easy to say they aren't the most athletic, but the fact is he's primarily bringing in the same one dimensional player and trying to fill each role with the same skill set.

Big Ten, plain and simple, was vastly overrated, and therefore Iowa was overrated. I didn't fully comprehend how average our guards were this year until Michigan, Illinois and now Oregon exposed them. The Big Ten fooled me as well. Shame on me.

We were a Top 25 team, but in no way were we a team capable of making a deep run in the Dance. I guess it is easy to see now, but I didn't see it. I was fooled.

You have to have elite, quick guards who can shoot.

This was a fun team to watch. When they were 100% healthy, they were a very good team. And Garza was truly great. Wow, are we gonna miss that guy.