Dienhart - Top 10 B1G Offensive Lineman

HawkeyeHypnosis

Dienhart: My Top 10 Big Ten Offensive Linemen « Big Ten Network

Heres the two he mentions on Iowa:

7. James Ferentz, C, 6-2, 284, Sr., Iowa. The coach’s son started all 13 games last season en route to being named honorable mention All-Big Ten by the coaches and media. Coaches will look to the intense Ferentz for leadership, as the Hawkeye line lost three key players in guard Adam Gettis and tackles Riley Reiff and Markus Zusevics.

10. Brandon Scherff, T, 6-5, 310, So., Iowa. This is based on potential, as Scherff steps into the high-profile Hawkeye left tackle spot that has produced the likes of Robert Gallery, Bryan Bulaga and Riley Reiff. Scherff is a good athlete who played quarterback—yes, quarterback—in high school and now has the potential to be a special blocker.

according to a couple Iowa coaches sherff will be the best to come out of Iowa under kirk ferentz. no there isn't a link either, it was a conversation my brother had with them during a spring practice.

He apparently didn't see Iowa's bowl game vs. Oklahoma. Had he seen it, he would know James Ferentz should be number 1 on this list as he had the single most dominating performance i've ever seen by one o-lineman ever. I encourage any hawk fan to rewatch that game and just key on Ferentz, you'll be amazed, just destroying people right and left, dominated.

according to a couple Iowa coaches sherff will be the best to come out of Iowa under kirk ferentz. no there isn't a link either, it was a conversation my brother had with them during a spring practice.

I have heard the exact same thing coming from someone inside the program FWIW.

If we could only get guys like USC gets. Tired if short armed O-linemen.

ReiffTinyArms3_medium.jpg

MattKalilBigArms_medium.jpg

scherff was an all-around athlete in high school. we've all heard of his QB stint, but he was also a pitcher on denison's baseball team that went to state (they never go to state, or rarely), a state track and field champion, center on the basketball team....

and now, at his relatively young age at iowa, is poised to be the starter at LT and already has two weightlifting records....

nice to see the iowa boys have success at the next level.

scherff was an all-around athlete in high school. we've all heard of his QB stint, but he was also a pitcher on denison's baseball team that went to state (they never go to state, or rarely), a state track and field champion, center on the basketball team....and now, at his relatively young age at iowa, is poised to be the starter at LT and already has two weightlifting records....nice to see the iowa boys have success at the next level.

any idea which records?

It has to be a deadlift. No way he's power cleaning that. Those weights are way heavier than they look. They aren't your typical 45 lb weight.

Doyle tweeted this pic the day he did it. He didn't say what he was doing. Looks like a dead lift unless he's actually strong enough to clean that, which would be insane.

AsDW9XRCAAEkLPj.jpg

Has to be a dead lift (or some variation). I don't think it's physically possible to clean nearly 400 pounds.

Here's Ferentz knocking out 355 on bench the same day. Not a record by any means, but I thought I'd show Ferentz too. Looks like Spears spotting him. Spears is looking bigger.
AsTnoEECIAEtDBs.jpg

Don't know from experience, but I've heard that the different colors represent different weights.

Latest posts