Dienhart ranks B1G pass catchers

HawkeyeHypnosis

Iowa Football: BTN's Tom Dienhart ranks Big Ten pass catchers - Des Moines Iowa Hawkeyes | Examiner.com

Good read. From article:

Big Ten Network writer Tom Dienhart recently ranked every unit in the Big Ten, and he ranked Iowa's pass catchers No. 3 in the Big Ten with Wisconsin taking the top spot.

Dienhart thinks departed record setter Marvin McNutt will be missed, but added that he believes talent remains with Keenan Davis and Kevonte Martin-Manley.

Another positive, according to the long-time college football columnist, is junior tight end C.J. Fiedorowicz, who Dienhart said could be the Big Ten's best tight end.

Other wide receivers to keep an eye on are junior Don Shumpert and senior Steven Staggs.

This Troy Hyde guy that writes the Examiner articles does terrible work. He'll hyperlink Big Ten Network and Tom Dienhart, but not the article he is critiquing. Let alone diving in on the actual lack of content or the ability to write a halfway original piece of his own. Someone should really introduce him to the concept of a message board.

2012 may be the year Iowa leans towards passing on the majority of downs. Iowa will also likely be playing from behind a few more games than we're use to. Look for KD AND CJ to break some single season TD and yards records for each of their positions.

How many catches did Kevin Kasper have his senior year and is that a record?

Well then more of a majority :p

I would venture to guess you won't see Iowa eclipse 58% pass plays which they had in 2004 even under Greg Davis. Many fans have a misconception about Iowa football that we're a run first, pass never offense and the numbers simply aren't there over the Ferentz era. We simply run a more conservative pro-style offense compared to teams that run more spread option run or spread passing attack.

Davis should help JVB get the ball out of his hands and check down...Best way to prevent happy feet/sacks is to get rid of the ball...Worked like a charm for Kurt Warner

In the past decade, iowa threw more often than Texas.

yes but iowa ran a run and shoot style passing game while texas ran a west coast style passing game. the west coast style should actually compliment our running style better.

I keep seeing all this hype with CJ Feid (pronounced feed ;) ) (my lil nickbname for him) I hope that he lives up to it, but does not become consumed by it or feel any extra pressure. There has been so much talk about him from the coaching staff, to the media, I just hope he stays grounded.

Latest posts