Dienhart: Iowa builds season to remember

When we look back, we'll all remember this season and these seniors as the turning point in Ferentz 3.0. They could have laid down and died (like some posters here were hoping), but showed grit and resiliance and determination to right the ship and get us pointed back in the right direction...

Re-builders take a downtrodden program and right the ship. (Check, KF)
If the program slips again, few get the opportunity to right the ship, again. (Check, KF)
Almost unheard of (I have no examples) of a coach getting a 3rd opportunity to right the ship in the same tenure. KF might just be the first.

When we look back, we'll all remember this season and these seniors as the turning point in Ferentz 3.0. They could have laid down and died (like some posters here were hoping), but showed grit and resiliance and determination to right the ship and get us pointed back in the right direction...
LOL

Show me where this is a great or even good season yet. Just another in the long line of Ferentz mediocrity.

"When we look back, we'll all remember this season and these seniors as the turning point in Ferentz 3.0. They could have laid down and died (like some posters here were hoping), but showed grit and resiliance and determination to right the ship and get us pointed back in the right direction..."

Nowhere, in any of that, is a suggestion that this has been a great season. He said this year's seniors, instead of rolling over and dying, have managed to get things pointed in the right direction again.

1. If you couldn't glean that from a pretty well spelled-out post, you're either a troll or suck massively at reading comprehension.
2. If you can't see that his point is valid, then you really are clueless.

Re-builders take a downtrodden program and right the ship. (Check, KF)
If the program slips again, few get the opportunity to right the ship, again. (Check, KF)
Almost unheard of (I have no examples) of a coach getting a 3rd opportunity to right the ship in the same tenure. KF might just be the first.

People complaining just to complain. Barry Alvarez, Bill Snyder, and Pat Hill. There are three and I spent 2 minutes thinking about it.

I'll remember this season win or lose next week. Hawkeyes have already exceeded most expectations, and there are some true hawkeyes on this team that deserve to be remembered for coming back from last year.

Show me where this is a great or even good season yet. Just another in the long line of Ferentz mediocrity.

Mediocrity compared to the perennial top 15 finishes we expect in our storied 100+ year history? Its a good season given what the expectations were.

People complaining just to complain. Barry Alvarez, Bill Snyder, and Pat Hill. There are three and I spent 2 minutes thinking about it.

Alvarez's Wisconsin teams didn't struggle all that much to have success once he reached the top. They dropped off for a couple years after winning his first Rose Bowl, but they didn't drop off significantly again once he built it back up the second time.

Snyder didn't rebuild KSU multiple times in the same tenure, so his comparison also doesn't fit.

Pat Hill never had back-to-back bad/sub-par years (7 wins or less) after building up Fresno State.

Right now, Iowa has had a good season. A win over Nebraska will make it a very good season. Make it a very good season Hawks.

Latest posts