Did Zion’s injury cause Cook to shut it down?

SpiderRico

Seems outlandish to those of us that know he’s nowhere close to an NBA player....but to Cook, who sees himself as one, it’s certainly plausible. Why else did he quit on the season right about the same time?

He struggles when he plays vs players who are his equal or better. He is an NBA talent vs inferior match-ups?

Or he might be hurt a bit.

Or he might not be that good.

Or he might be frightened to see how he is performing at the end of the season, losing confidence.

Usually a combination.

He needs to get out of Iowa to find some better coaching, he is regressing.

I think Tyler has an inflated view of himself. Thinks he is much better than he is. He does not have the skill set to succeed in the NBA, and really doesn't exert a lot of effort on the court at times.

Tyler’s greatest strength is his crazy athleticism. Unfortunately it’s also his greatest weakness. You can see he has relied on his leaping ability and strength to bully players who are not as strong or athletic as him while growing up. He has never learned how to play post. Footwork and position are bad. Ethan Happ is half the athlete and made cook look like a child the other night.

His intensity is variable at best. He can't shoot jumpers. He has butterfingers.

I like him, but he doesn't appear to be a future NBA player. If Wisky can shut him down, the Nuggets can too!

Seems outlandish to those of us that know he’s nowhere close to an NBA player....but to Cook, who sees himself as one, it’s certainly plausible. Why else did he quit on the season right about the same time?
Of course this is it. Or, maybe teams have figured out how to defend him, and he has no plan B move, and it's spilled over to the rest of his game. It would be frustrating for the first half of the year to be playing at or near an All-Big Ten level, and then lose it. I like your theory better.

His intensity is variable at best. He can't shoot jumpers. He has butterfingers.

I like him, but he doesn't appear to be a future NBA player. If Wisky can shut him down, the Nuggets can too!
Nuggets is generous, the Hawks could shit him down

Hey, a team who wants to tank for a good player would love to have him.

Oh God DON'T start this thread Spider HuckFinn will come and find you the old guys will threaten to beat your ass! He is will to give you his CHA seat number or his Kinnick stadium seat number so you can go fight him.

When Cook signed with Iowa wasn't there some pretty serious discussion about how he was a "one and done" type talent that Iowa would only have for a year? Each day has enough worries of its own it seems.

giphy.gif

If Cook was even playing average his ability, we would have finished 2-2. He has been the worst I have seen him in an Iowa uniform. When Uthoff was a senior, we would have won the Big 10 and been a 2 or 3 seed in the tournament if he continued to play like an All American. That was a lot to ask so I never really got on him for him going into a slump. But this is way worse. Cook went from pretty damn good to horrible. He almost has to be hurt.

The question is "Does Cook hold this team hostage?". Does his presence throw the balance off of a good team. Is he kind of limiting this team as he hones his skills for the NBA? At times, it kind of seems that way.