Did you see next year's schedule yet?

While I like the look of it, I would not call it a cakewalk.

Iowa will have question marks to entering next year — on defense there are three top LBs leaving, along with departures in the backfield, to be concerned with.
On offense there's a question on the Oline - will our top junior jump to the NFL?

Plus, just as Iowa will be working to be a better team, so will all the others.

I wish we would have played that schedule this year. Who knows what kind of record could have been recorded. But next year is a different animal. How good will Minny be (they turned out to be a nice team this year), and how good will Nebby be (quite a few injuries to them this year. Have a cleaner year there, and they are very dangerous).

It is a forgiving schedule. But I agree with chadfrey, each year is different and you never know what will happen.

It is a forgiving schedule. But I agree with chadfrey, each year is different and you never know what will happen.
Just need to keep the ball rolling. Move the chains.
We need to see more, wr, we have to replace our lb's, secondary needs work, and special teams while improved could still step up.

While I like the look of it, I would not call it a cakewalk.

Iowa will have question marks to entering next year — on defense there are three top LBs leaving, along with departures in the backfield, to be concerned with.
On offense there's a question on the Oline - will our top junior jump to the NFL?

Plus, just as Iowa will be working to be a better team, so will all the others.

I wish we would have played that schedule this year. Who knows what kind of record could have been recorded. But next year is a different animal. How good will Minny be (they turned out to be a nice team this year), and how good will Nebby be (quite a few injuries to them this year. Have a cleaner year there, and they are very dangerous).

will lose more than a jr. from the OL.

If Iowa could have a top half of the Big 10 scoring offense then you are looking at double digit win season. Iowa will struggle early to pass happy teams as the linebackers get their feet wet in pass coverage. I really think if Iowa could get to November healthy then it will be one hell of a ride.

5 games in November and they'll all be big. I hope the hawks are healthy by the time those games get there.

7-0 heading into November sure sounds nice..Kirk's teams have never been all that great with expectations, though.

Favorable. Expectations will be very high, I wish that didn't concern me but I would be lying if I said it didn't. However, without key injuries, decent play from a new lb group, growth in the secondary, I am hopeful....

A cakewalk???

Way too many variables to say football is a cakewalk.

One guard injury and a couple linebacker injuries really hurt in 2010, and there will be 3 new linebackers and about 3 new Off linemen

It's the Hawks...it's never easy.

not-so-easy-button.jpg

Let's not be so quick to dismiss PITT. They did beat the hawks in Pittsburgh and gave us all we wanted at home. If they joined the conference we'd call that a tough game (not a gut buster but a tough game)

Next year's schedule is nice and sets up for playing important games late in the season..

That said.. this is still Iowa.. this is still college football.. we still have to go to Pitt.. a lot of things can happen, games can be lost to teams we shouldn't lose to.

Latest posts