Did we really need him anyway?

okeefe4prez

I don't think so. Woodbury and White are a force inside. Frankly, I don't even want jucos coming because I don't want Iowa to turn into a rogue program of academic underachievers like Iowa State.

Yes. Basabe was a force with J Cole. Without him...not so good. I looked at Atwood as a Cole type of guy who would have made us better. That is all.

Looking at his highlight videos, not sure he was tough enough to do much in the BoneG, anyways. Will do much better competing against the likes of Hair in the Pac12.

Last edited:
With Jok estimated by most of us to average 17 ppg I don't know if Atwood would have even seen more than 12 minutes a game.

Look at how Jok shot during regulation in our NCAA Tournament Game. Extrapolate over the course of a season. I think 17 is on the low end. See, also, Adam Woodbury's performance in the NCAA Tournament. We lost the game because one player (I don't want to call anyone out) was a ballhog who couldn't have hit the broadside of a barn that night, yet he insisted on shooting anyway. Talk about addition by subtraction. This team is in great shape for at least 24 wins next year.

90ce18539dbc5ef40e899f9a8f270283f10bf7800732751e1a7fa03c5fa3a3ac.jpg

Look at how Jok shot during regulation in our NCAA Tournament Game. Extrapolate over the course of a season. I think 17 is on the low end. See, also, Adam Woodbury's performance in the NCAA Tournament. We lost the game because one player (I don't want to call anyone out) was a ballhog who couldn't have hit the broadside of a barn that night, yet he insisted on shooting anyway. Talk about addition by subtraction. This team is in great shape for at least 24 wins next year.

Yawn.

This is obvi a troll thread but I don't think my expectations are hugely impacted either way for Iowa next year.

This is obvi a troll thread but I don't think my expectations are hugely impacted either way for Iowa next year.

How could you tell?

I think we'll be all right. Hopefully the guys can come closer together and play more as a team vs. relying on a completely non-clutch player all of the time.

Iowa still has no versatile 3.

We needed help. Unless Dickerson is the savior, this team isn't dancing. Just my opinion. Granted mike, Woody, Jok and Uthoff may be improved but probably only enough to wash what losing marble and Mel and that's best case scenario.

Iowa still has no versatile 3.

We needed help. Unless Dickerson is the savior, this team isn't dancing. Just my opinion. Granted mike, Woody, Jok and Uthoff may be improved but probably only enough to wash what losing marble and Mel and that's best case scenario.

I'll be happy if we are as good as we were last year. I'll we will have to is not fall apart and we will be fighting for a 2 or 3 seed.

Latest posts