Did Moss see himself as Jok

No Troll just honest thoughts. Jw struggles to make contested shots...his release is pretty slow and he’s not very explosive. He’s a good not great athlete and likely will not play in the NBA. If this offends u, then sorry not sorry. I hope I’m wrong and he’s an AA but I’ve seen a ton of b-ball in my life and this is my opinion. Moss has god given talent no one else on team has.

JW was told by NBA scouts that he has NBA skills after his true F year. Moss didn’t even play his true F year. We have not even seen the scratched surface of what JW could become. Moss is a nice player and athletic but JW was already a more complete player last year and IMO considerably more athletic.

No Troll just honest thoughts. Jw struggles to make contested shots...his release is pretty slow and he’s not very explosive. He’s a good not great athlete and likely will not play in the NBA. If this offends u, then sorry not sorry. I hope I’m wrong and he’s an AA but I’ve seen a ton of b-ball in my life and this is my opinion. Moss has god given talent no one else on team has.
I don’t think you know much about basketball. JW was extremely good and a true freshman. Moss was a 4th year junior. But we’re being subjective. Let’s look at stats.

JW
Min. 27.7
PPG 11.1
RPG 4.9
APG 1.1
TO 1.1
Steal .9
FG 48.8
FT 76.7
3P 42.4
Blocks 16

Moss
Min. 24.1
PPG 9.2
RPG 2.9
APG 1.8
TO 1.4
Steal .9
FG 39.9
FT 79.1
3P 42.1
Blocks 7

And the clear winner is JW. I can only imagine how good JW would be with a quick release, explosiveness and Moss’ God given talent...

I’ve read a lot of dumb stuff on this board but this is right up there.

Wieskamp was a top 60 level high school recruit. He substantially outplayed Moss this year as a freshman and Moss is a 4th year junior. Wieskamp scored more points than Moss on less shot attempts. If Wieskamp stays until his junior year my guess is he will be a 1st Team All B1G level player. As far as I know Moss hasn’t gotten any all league considerations.

If your eyes are telling you Moss is a better player or has more basketball potential than Wieskamp you should either get your eyes checked or try another sport because basketball might not be for you.

I’ve read a lot of dumb stuff on this board but this is right up there.

Wieskamp was a top 60 level high school recruit. He substantially outplayed Moss this year as a freshman and Moss is a 4th year junior. Wieskamp scored more points than Moss on less shot attempts. If Wieskamp stays until his junior year my guess is he will be a 1st Team All B1G level player. As far as I know Moss hasn’t gotten any all league considerations.

If your eyes are telling you Moss is a better player or has more basketball potential than Wieskamp you should either get your eyes checked or try another sport because basketball might not be for you.

True internet tough guy you are. I see ur point, JW is more consistent for sure. I think what you’ve seen with JW is what you’ll see from him for the next 3 years though. He does a lot of things well and nothing great and that is ok. No need to get so butt hurt about it. He the next great white hope... I get it, I’m an Iowa boy too. Did you see what Moss did at Minny the last 2 years? There’s another gear that kid has different from anyone on Iowa’s team. Athletically other than Moss and TC Iowa looked like a D3 school compared to
TN and now there both gone. Hold onto you nips for next season as we have zero people of getting there own O. JW will now be the focus of the other teams D and everyone will be whining about what is wrong with JW and the answer will be simple... nothing you just expected too much. He’s like a Dan Merjle play good D rebound shoot open three. He’s not gonna blow by people...Moss had that ability. Truly though at the end of the day without TC it probably ends up
About the same with or without Moss, cuz Fran wasn’t going to change anything to feature Moss. Stats are nice but not the measure of overall ability in anyway. If you see JW as an NBA player I hope your right. He’s good that we agree upon.

True internet tough guy you are. I see ur point, JW is more consistent for sure. I think what you’ve seen with JW is what you’ll see from him for the next 3 years though. He does a lot of things well and nothing great and that is ok. No need to get so butt hurt about it. He the next great white hope... I get it, I’m an Iowa boy too. Did you see what Moss did at Minny the last 2 years? There’s another gear that kid has different from anyone on Iowa’s team. Athletically other than Moss and TC Iowa looked like a D3 school compared to
TN and now there both gone. Hold onto you nips for next season as we have zero people of getting there own O. JW will now be the focus of the other teams D and everyone will be whining about what is wrong with JW and the answer will be simple... nothing you just expected too much. He’s like a Dan Merjle play good D rebound shoot open three. He’s not gonna blow by people...Moss had that ability. Truly though at the end of the day without TC it probably ends up
About the same with or without Moss, cuz Fran wasn’t going to change anything to feature Moss. Stats are nice but not the measure of overall ability in anyway. If you see JW as an NBA player I hope your right. He’s good that we agree upon.

I'd day Joe is a great shooter at least. He's the most efficient scorer we have and its probably not even close.

1. JW is a great shooter

2. I’m not from Iowa

3. I’m down on Iowa’s squad next year. I think they are going to take their lumps

4. If Moss was such a great driver as you say why did he shoot 38.3% from 2 last year? If you’re a lights out shooter like him and a good driver you don’t shoot 38.3% from 2. I think you are seriously underestimating some of Moss’s limitations.

1. Ur missing my point
2. Moss isn’t the best player in the world just had a higher ceiling and probably lower floor than JW.
3. Does it matter if your from Iowa, Ill, Wi, Minn...ur demographics are probably still the same
4 I like to make lists also.
5. I am not trying to trash on JW, I think he’s a good big ten player. Look at how many NBA players the big ten other than Mi puts on rosters. If Aaron White didn’t make it, you have to consider that an uphill battle for a smaller less athletic player...all be it a better shooter.

6. Great shooters shoot better than that from the FT line...he’s a good not great shooter. Also most of his 3,s came from kick outs cuz other teams had to collapse on TC...that’s gone now. How many 3,s do you remember JW making off of the dribble. JBo can do it cuz his set is quick and condensed. Jw needs a windup and that’s gonna be a problem. Dollars to doughnuts NBA scouts have told him to work on getting his shot off quicker.

Pretty much everything in this post...like most all of your others...is incorrect. JW is better than Moss now. That’s a true freshman compared to a 4th year junior.

JW
Min. 27.7
PPG 11.1
RPG 4.9
APG 1.1
TO 1.1
Steal .9
FG 48.8
FT 76.7
3P 42.4
Blocks 16

Moss
Min. 24.1
PPG 9.2
RPG 2.9
APG 1.8
TO 1.4
Steal .9
FG 39.9
FT 79.1
3P 42.1
Blocks 7

1. Ur missing my point
2. Moss isn’t the best player in the world just had a higher ceiling and probably lower floor than JW.
3. Does it matter if your from Iowa, Ill, Wi, Minn...ur demographics are probably still the same
5. I am not trying to trash on JW, I think he’s a good big ten player. Look at how many NBA players the big ten other than Mi puts on rosters. If Aaron White didn’t make it, you have to consider that an uphill battle for a smaller less athletic player...all be it a better shooter.
Every Moss is better than Joe post from you just makes you look less intelligent...and more like the troll you are.

6. Great shooters shoot better than that from the FT line...he’s a good not great shooter. Also most of his 3,s came from kick outs cuz other teams had to collapse on TC...that’s gone now. How many 3,s do you remember JW making off of the dribble. JBo can do it cuz his set is quick and condensed. Jw needs a windup and that’s gonna be a problem. Dollars to doughnuts NBA scouts have told him to work on getting his shot off quicker.
JW
Min. 27.7
PPG 11.1
RPG 4.9
APG 1.1
TO 1.1
Steal .9
FG 48.8
FT 76.7
3P 42.4
Blocks 16

Moss
Min. 24.1
PPG 9.2
RPG 2.9
APG 1.8
TO 1.4
Steal .9
FG 39.9
FT 79.1
3P 42.1
Blocks 7

If you think about this from his perspective he may have a point. Think about how Jok ran off of screen after screen to get open and the offense revolved around him. It wouldn't be all that crazy seeing that at thinking I can do that. If had to guess he was helped a little in coming up with that idea. In my opinion Moss does have the ability to play in the NBA much more than Jok did/does. It would be one year and I think it a huge mistake to let Moss go. He is the only guy who has the size and quicks to get the to the basket on the team yet can shoot. His only issue was confidence plain and simple. For those who think JW is gonna set the world on fire without Cook or another PG to get him the rock..your wrong. Don't get me wrong I like JW...he is a strong kid who is a solid player in the B1G, but its more like Matt Gattens than Roy Marble. THIS IS A MISTAKE by Fran...give Moss what he wants for 1 year. It doesn't make sense to sink 4 years into a guys and see what he is capable of doing only to send him packing when he asks to be the focus of the offense. Shoot Iowa used to run much slower worse shooters off screens then Moss and we made tournaments at that time. I don't get it. MOSS DONT GO! FRAN pull head out of A##

Boy, I'm not getting this at all.

JoeW is going to be one of the best Hawkeyes ever

In my opinion

We haven't seen all of his moves around the basket

A few, but not even a small sample of his arsenal

Nobody knows what he is going to do under the basket, which side of the rim he will use

Left hand or right

Facing the basket or back to the basket

Whether or not he will turn anound and fiip the ball wiith english on the backboard

Into the basket for a score

:cool:

No shit. THe OP is missing on JW.

Explains all the P6 recruiting offers he had coming out of HS!!!? List includes Iowa - Auburn - East Carolina and Depaul.

OMG! A ton of basketball in your life??? You are so missing on JW. He has a great overall game and a high b-ball IQ. Cripes, he was only a true freshman last year. The guy got on the Big 10 All Freshman team as a true freshman. Geeeesus!! What the hell are you watching Mr. MeWatchBasketball?

ALL-FRESHMAN TEAM
Ayo Dosunmu, Illinois
Romeo Langford, Indiana
Joe Wieskamp, Iowa
Jalen Smith, Maryland
Ignas Brazdeikis, Michigan

JW was told by NBA scouts that he has NBA skills after his true F year. Moss didn’t even play his true F year. We have not even seen the scratched surface of what JW could become. Moss is a nice player and athletic but JW was already a more complete player last year and IMO considerably more athletic.

In addition, when Illinois was in Iowa City to play Iowa, Illinois head coach Brad Underwood said in the post-game presser that he did something before the game that he has NEVER done before. Prior to the game he went out to the floor when Iowa was warming up intending to watch Joe Weiskamp shoot just because he's heard so much about him. He left stating everything he saw from JW and his shooting was true. Side note: I think JW ended up blitzing Illinois that game.

1. Ur missing my point
I have to make lists because of how much inaccurate crap you manage to cram into each post... it’s like a talent (that’s why some are speculating you’re a troll). Whether you are or aren’t a troll either way I still enjoy HawkCrushing your argument.

-I don’t know if Wieskamp will ever play in the NBA but I do believe he can be a very high level college player. I don’t agree with your assertion that Moss has a higher basketball ceiling. Wieskamp is reportedly 6’6 with a 7’0 wingspan. He’s almost 3 full years younger than Moss. Typically NBA scouts don’t view seniors and especially 5th year seniors as high as they do 18 -20 year old guys, mainly because they feel those younger guys have a lot more potential.

-Kevin Huerter was my Wieskamp player comparison coming out of high school. At the combine Huerter measured 6’7 with 6’7.5 wingspan (recall Wieskamp reportedly 6’6 with a 7’0 wingspan). Huerter who did not play at Michigan but did play in the B1G starts for the Atlanta Hawks. Also, because you are so interested in race he is a white guy.

Both guys were similarly rated recruits. Wieskamp actually put up better numbers as a freshman than did Huerter. The biggest difference right now is Huerter is a next level passer with much better court vision than Wieskamp. Joe might never get that, that trait can’t really be taught. Either way it goes to show you that it’s not unimaginable that a guy like Joe could one day play in the NBA.

Jw and Moss are different players. JW will play professionally I have no doubts about that (over seas)..His talent is good. His basketball IQ couldn’t get a timeout in regulation against TN at end of the game so Im not sure WTF ur talking about there, and btw Auburn is pretty solid at b-ball. You guys crack me up behind your keyboards. Your anger towards someone you don’t know with a differing opinion shows more about your lack of self control than my intelligence. I hope JW proves me wrong and gets drafted...u like him more than Aaron White or Dev Marble. Also the he’s only a Freshman thing is setting u up for major disappointment. If he gets drafted I’ll eat some crow and be happy to do so. Think about this though how much better did TC get in 3 years and his physical talent is undeniable. With AAU being what if is now and b-ball being a year round sport... u just don’t tend to see the type of drastic improvement anymore. So more likely then not JW,s coring and rebounding Avg goes up cuz he’ll play more but his overall Fg percentage goes down next season.

I suspect HawkCrush = OrangeKrush. He’s trolling for a guy that prepped in Illinois.

Side Note to this entire thread - I’m a Moss fan. But JW is better.