Did Les Miles make a deal with the Devil?

EddyP

Don't answer that I already know. Geez, two ridiculous finishes with that idiot(the mad hatter) coming out on top. Unreal. I know they will get beat but the deal must have been to save his job for this year at least. And I am getting real tired of Cheezdick(Auburn) pulling it out in the closing seconds as well. Bottom line I think is that I just hate the SEC.

devillesmilesletter1.jpg

LSU wants him out of there so bad. If he were to win the NC, they may be the first unhappy National Champion fanbase.

Very nice. Did you do that or did you find it somewhere?

Man, I watched that fake punt play about 20 times and on my set it just looks like it went perfectly latteral. Those are steep odds.

I don't know. I might ne the only person who likes Les Miles. Every year he pulls plays like that against Florida. A year or two ago he went 3-4 times on 4th down and they made it. I have feeling all he thinks is how to screw Urban Meyer and cannot be bothered with things like time clock, etc.

What is not to like? That is as long as his games don't really affect Iowa. Dude is the Mad Hatter. He is a train wreck or a miracle play waiting to happen. While everyone else, including the LSU fan base, is pulling their hair out over this guy, he just keeps walking that tight rope.

It really has gone from contempt to amusement for me.

LSU is very lucky they got that long reception on the first play following the fake FG. Why Miles did not call a timeout until :35 seconds left made no sense. He let 30 seconds tick off the clock and the result was 1st and 10 at the 35-40 with :30 seconds left when he could have had 1:00 left. It worked out in the end, but in my mind, that was horrible clock management.

LSU is very lucky they got that long reception on the first play following the fake FG. Why Miles did not call a timeout until :35 seconds left made no sense. He let 30 seconds tick off the clock and the result was 1st and 10 at the 35-40 with :30 seconds left when he could have had 1:00 left. It worked out in the end, but in my mind, that was horrible clock management.

1. Clock management is a problem when running a "check with me" scheme always. QB and players just don't have control of when to snap the ball.

2. Anyone can sack the QB with 13 men on the field. What Tennessee did was illegal and you can't end the game on a penalty.

3. Running the clock down was brilliant. He made everyone and their brother think he was going to kick the field goal which led to the successful fake.

4. The pass down the middle near the goal line was not "lucky". The guy was WIDE OPEN. Also, with the amount of time they had left they had 2-3 shots at the end zone with the kick team waiting on the sidelines and closer to the goalpost for a game tying field goal.

5. I seem to remember a Hawkeye coach who did pretty well with his gambles.

6. The guy doesn't run it up on lesser teams. He doesn't cheat. He doesn't dog opponents or opposing fan bases. He just is a salty coach that keeps his cool in close games and more times than not can pull out a miracle. They should start calling him "Miracle" Miles instead of "The Mad Hatter".

1. Clock management is a problem when running a "check with me" scheme always. QB and players just don't have control of when to snap the ball.

2. Anyone can sack the QB with 13 men on the field. What Tennessee did was illegal and you can't end the game on a penalty.

3. Running the clock down was brilliant. He made everyone and their brother think he was going to kick the field goal which led to the successful fake.

4. The pass down the middle near the goal line was not "lucky". The guy was WIDE OPEN. Also, with the amount of time they had left they had 2-3 shots at the end zone with the kick team waiting on the sidelines and closer to the goalpost for a game tying field goal.

5. I seem to remember a Hawkeye coach who did pretty well with his gambles.

6. The guy doesn't run it up on lesser teams. He doesn't cheat. He doesn't dog opponents or opposing fan bases. He just is a salty coach that keeps his cool in close games and more times than not can pull out a miracle. They should start calling him "Miracle" Miles instead of "The Mad Hatter".

I think you misinterpreted my post. What I meant was Miles was lucky that the pass down the middle was so open. Had they not gained 30 yards on that play, they may not have had time to drive down the field and have a decent shot at the end zone. Yes, they could have still kicked a field goal, but 30 seconds were wasted that could have been used to drive the ball down the field. I am guessing LSU fans would have been irate if this backfired and he let 30 seconds tick off the clock. That being said, I have no clue why Florida was not looking for the fake...no clue.

Not really sure what the Tennessee game...or former Iowa coaches...or Miles' integrity has to do with anything I posted.

Latest posts