Did Last Nights Game Change Your Mind?

InGoodCo

On Iowa's win total or how this season will play out?

If not seriously STFU with the "if we don't have this, this team isn't going to win many games" narrative because this team is still going to win a lot of games.

That is all. Happy Friday

[video=youtube_share;kfVsfOSbJY0]http://youtu.be/kfVsfOSbJY0[/video]

Nope. Didn't expect a win. Expected an athletic and experienced team to beat us, which it did. We'll be fine. I expected 22 wins and still do.

By the way, is our basketball team now known as STFU, as in St. Francis University? :p

Last edited:
I had Texas as a loss. That said I didn't expect to be facing Syracuse tonight so 2-2 was not the start I had envisioned.

Not really. I had Iowa losing this game, UNC, Syracuse (loss)/Cal (win), ISU, and UNI all losses in the OoC to begin with. Have Iowa around 17-20 wins and firmly on the bubble with NIT more likely. But RPI may be high enough to get them in to tourney without having many high-RPI wins. It's possible. I remember some team in 2013 that got in over Iowa because their RPI was better even though they never beat those teams.

Not really but I don't see how Fran goes 10 deep this year. 8 looks about the max to me unless Dickerson learns pretty quick

I felt pretty good about the first two games, and did expect a loss to Texas anyway, so no, it didn't really change my outlook for the entire season much. If anything, this game served as a reminder that Iowa is probably going to struggle against more athletic teams with a powerful front court, but that isn't something we haven't really seen the last couple of years.

Ok, now I'll STFU about it.

I'm just playing ya'll ... rant away, I just get sick of the doom and gloom over a game we were never going to win anyways. Get real about where we are at as a program, take some deep breaths. I was actually encouraged by a lot last night.

I figured a split in NYC...let's hope that can stay on track with a win today.

No. I am still high on this team. Would like to see Jarod become aggressive and get more opportunities to touch the ball closer than 25' from the hoop.

I'm just playing ya'll ... rant away, I just get sick of the doom and gloom over a game we were never going to win anyways. Get real about where we are at as a program, take some deep breaths. I was actually encouraged by a lot last night.

I agree good about the doom and gloom and looking forward to seeing how they bounce back from it tonight against another tough opponent. However that Texas game did surface some real issues that Iowa fan can't overlooked and just ignored.

It doesn't change how I think the team will do, but Iowa has few non conference opportunities to make a statement. I'm a bit worried that our season will parallel last year.....decent conference W/L, but no quality wins on the non conference. If Iowa loses tonight, ISU, UNC, UNI, become must wins imo.

Yes. I had predicted 20+ wins and a berth in the NCAA (without having to play in).

The guard play looked so weak last night I'm seeing only 15-16 wins, a struggle against the top teams in the conference, no dance this year.

nope, i figured they would play about like last year since nothing different. They will still play poorly and lose a lot of games. Hopefully not 6 of last 7.

Not at all. I hoped for a win, but expected a loss. I think last night was more about Texas asserting itself as an elite team, and Iowa exposed as a good-but-above-average team. Expecting a W tonight, and so is Vegas.

I wasn't expecting a win but I expected us to play better in the 2nd half. Just really poor shooting from our guards. When we shoot so poorly from the perimeter year after year are we not recruiting the right guards or is it our system. How can everyone of our guards shoot poorly all at the same time. 17% from the field for our guards last night. Texas defense might account for some of that but it's not like it's rare for us to struggle with shooting. As long as we go 6-8 minutes in games without scoring we can never be sure that we can win. I'm just disappointed in our 2nd half last night.

I suspected a loss for Iowa by about a half dozen points. I was encouraged by the high energy for 25 minutes, but discouraged by Iowa not playing smart in long stretches and rushing shots, including easy ones.

Overall, this was a great challenge for the Hawkeyes. And I do expect Iowa to beat the 'Cuse this afternoon.

My hopes are high, and I think Iowa will have a very good season and get a bid to The Dance, and it won't be a play-in game.

I wasn't expecting a win but I expected us to play better in the 2nd half. Just really poor shooting from our guards. When we shoot so poorly from the perimeter year after year are we not recruiting the right guards or is it our system. How can everyone of our guards shoot poorly all at the same time. 17% from the field for our guards last night. Texas defense might account for some of that but it's not like it's rare for us to struggle with shooting. As long as we go 6-8 minutes in games without scoring we can never be sure that we can win. I'm just disappointed in our 2nd half last night.

The Hawkeyes missed a lot of open looks last night, from inside to outside and in between. I think they rushed shots at times, and looked a little tense.

They will get better.

No. Texas has everything. Speedy guards and monsters down low. They will be a 1 or 2 seed. Were not ready for that caliber yet. are we a top 30-35 team? sure. if our guards can grow we will be a good team.. not great

Latest posts