Did KF put himself further on the Hotseat?

hawkfan1319

With this hire and his failure to bring new blood into the program does this increase the temperature of the seat he's on?

Two sub par seasons one with the current new DC. 2010 was Parker's defense and it struggled mightily.

I'm never a first torch thrower but I think he put himself on with this hire. We will see but idk how much longer he will last because coaches will get outside hire coordinators to get themselves off the hot seat. Obviously not a concern.

He's making too much and signed for too long to be on the hot seat for at least another 2 or 3 seasons.

I'm never a first torch thrower but I think he put himself on with this hire. We will see but idk how much longer he will last because coaches will get outside hire coordinators to get themselves off the hot seat. Obviously not a concern.

yeah it worked for zook. its about quality not whether they are internal or external hires.

No but Hot seat with fans and media.

Hot seat with those that give for little things like the Carver-Hawkeye renovation, and small things like that?

I think he is, but the poster that eluded to Barta is also correct. If it was another basketball coach situation, I'd say they'd have more influence, in this case, I think he'll be around another 5 years, unless something major comes up.

He is very liked liked by the administration. Some of our former coaches weren't.

Because of how inexperienced the D-L is, it will keep the seat cool he has a built in excuse for a bad defense. i am waiting how this affects recruiting

Hot seat with those that give for little things like the Carver-Hawkeye renovation, and small things like that?

I think he is, but the poster that eluded to Barta is also correct. If it was another basketball coach situation, I'd say they'd have more influence, in this case, I think he'll be around another 5 years, unless something major comes up.

He is very liked liked by the administration. Some of our former coaches weren't.

if people who donate big $ consider Ferentz as a problem, you should advise them to stop donating to the University of Iowa.

They probably want to return to the long and rich history of big ten and rose bowl championships that is iowa football, and the only way to get back to those days are to get rid of the current staff. no doubt about it. 7 win season back to back? barta shouldn't even think twice about that pink slip back to maine, or wherever he came from.

barta most certainly over his head and probably just wants to be friends with the football administration and team....

if people who donate big $ consider Ferentz as a problem, you should advise them to stop donating to the University of Iowa.

They probably want to return to the long and rich history of big ten and rose bowl championships that is iowa football, and the only way to get back to those days are to get rid of the current staff. no doubt about it. 7 win season back to back? barta shouldn't even think twice about that pink slip back to maine, or wherever he came from.

barta most certainly over his head and probably just wants to be friends with the football administration and team....

You'll note I didn't say whether I agreed, or disagreed with them. The one guy is a hot head, and it is documented. Just to be clear, I like KF. He is the right guy, at least for now, at least in my opinion.

They're not all bad guys. Actually, they are a lot like us. Very passionate, and very opinionated.

KF is just riding it out to retirement at the rate of $4 million per year. He is thumbing his noise at the world.

With what, nine years left on a 4.5 million dollar contract, the seat can't be too hot. How could Iowa possibly buy out a contract like that EVEN IF they wanted to? KF could go 2-10 the next six years and Iowa could not afford to buy out his contract. Iowa is locked into the contract that Barta freely gave out with no thought. KF calls all the shots in the Iowa football program.

Besides most iowans love KF and approve of about everything he does. All KF has to do is win 6 or 7 games a year, three or four of those against cupcakes and most Hawk fans are happy as toads in weeds. Get to any bowl, regardless how minor and Iowans are quite happy with the season. Win eight games every five or six years and they think he is he is the greatest coach since in the world. Heck, we are just Iowa. If Iowans can go to Detroit to the last place B1G bowl they are happy...Not much different than clown fans in that regard.

Latest posts