Did KF put himself further on the Hotseat?

Oh and Shon Greene did KOK a big favor in 08. Without Greene I wonder what that year would have looked like Offensively.

What I wonder if KOK's departure was fully of his own doing. We will probably never know but if I were a betting man I'd throw some coin down that it was aided by gentle nudge and a nice opportunity presenting itself.

Golfer, you have had some good insight in this whole deal, can you say if there was any pressure by donors to go outside the program or was Parker the guy all along? Just curious the census you felt?

I don't think there was any direct pressure on the DC situation. At least none I'm aware of. There were conversations about KoK however.

I'm not sure these conversations have any impact of KF's decisions, but I know the school, and football staff are aware of the conversations. I also doubt these conversations are ever 1 on 1 with KF. I think he is made aware by the AD or admin.

Although, several of the larger donor do have access to him, one on one, but I can't imagine they'd ever bring something like this up.

They have a balancing act. KF runs the program, and his boss is the AD. The U, supposedly never intervenes, except they do on occasion. In this case (KoK), I believe the move would have happened in any event, but they were aware of displeasure. I doubt there was ever any direct intervention. Some things came together, and the donor, was one of several factors. Not the only factor, or probably not even the most important factor, but another straw on the camel's back.

I believe the U also intervened on Coker. I'm not sure KF agreed with how this was handled, and I'm getting that KoK didn't either.

In the case of a former basketball coach, it was very much large donor displeasure that most likely caused the move. Direct intervention and pressure big time on the basketball situation.

Keep in mind, it's not like I'm sitting in the room when these things take place. I hear a bit now. I'll hear more at some dinner. I'll hear maybe a bit more at next year's home opener, when I'm upstairs.

So, for example in the KoK deal, here is how I got it. I get a call on Thursday, actually a text, from a friend who is out with a donor in Vegas for the super bowl. Basically says, some folks agree with your displeasure about our offense. I reply, don't tease me. He replies, I'll talk to you when I get back, but KoK is gone. Keep it quiet.

And that's all I get, until I have lunch with him. But from various dinners, fundraisers, etc, you can figure out who isn't happy, and who likes to throw their weight around, just by listening and watching.

Latest posts