Did Jok complicate things?

Wow lol...

Totally the opposite of reality. We got bad because NO ONE ELSE besides jok and Utoff were a threat. It made us easy to guard.

Really... honestly just total Silliness.

I guess LaBron shouldn't have gotten his dream team in Miami and won a couple championships - he should know multiple stars doesn't work.

Since the first Indiana loss, they went 3-7. Uthoff shot 40.8% over that span. Jok shot 40.5%, the rest of the starters shot 39.7% and the bench shot 42.1%. Fairly even. Uthoff took 27.6% of the shots, Jok took 21.1%, the rest of the starters took 34.2% and the bench took 17.1%. Not as even.

Compare that to the 10-1 start they got in the Big Ten. Uthoff shot 42.3%, Jok 46.8%, the rest of the starters 47.1% and the bench 45.7%.

The distribution of shots was Uthoff 25%, Jok 21.6%, the rest of the starters 32.2% and the bench 21.2%.

Also in the 3-7 stretch they took 596 shots and in the 10-1 stretch they took 652 shots. So, they weren't shooting that much less.

Conclusion - Jok didn't take any more shots during the losing streak, he actually took a slightly lower percentage, so you can't say the shot distribution was significantly different.

The difference - They shot much worse over the last 10 games. Assume they take 55-60 shots a game, that's about 3-4 baskets a game, 6-9 points lost/game, not to mention the And 1s. They lost 6 of their last 7 by 8 points or less. There's the difference. They shoot better, they get a higher seed (who knows, maybe even in Des Moines) and their chance of playing next weekend is a lot better. Pretty simple game, really.

Sounds like Twitter is rumoring about Jok looking into his pro prospects....
Pro, as in NBA pro? Maybe next year. I'd be surprised about this year. He can shoot, but he needs to work on his ball handling. Who knows. I hope he gets some solid advice before making that leap. A lot of dudes leave early and are never heard from again.

Sounds like Twitter is rumoring about Jok looking into his pro prospects....
He can look all he wants... If an agent somehow talks him into going he must be a snake oil salesman. Jok is a good shooter but he's not good enough to be the one trick pony he'd be if he left now for the NBA. He can't defend NBA guards of any size or type. He's a gambler he reaches and gets out of position a lot. Seldom does he stay in front of his guy and keep them from going where they want to. I wouldn't blame him for looking just for comparissons sake of how he looks to others but no way he'd go he wouldn't get drafted...

As far as him complicating things that's just reading into what's not there... Iowa was lacking the type/style of pg that would work better for their style of play and teammates. If Iowa had a Ulis/Yogi Ferrell type.... Even a Wes Washpun type of player would have been better than MG. I'm not going on a bashing MG tirade here just think MGs skillset didn't fit. He never got very good at shooting Js or driving and dishing. He did a lot of things well sure. But having a PG that's a liability at shooting and not being able to make plays in the clutch is huge especially when the coach wants the PG to have the ball in his hands at end of shot clock/game situations as often as he did... So who's to blame when coaches continuously put players in a situation that's doomed to fail? It'd be like calling a play for Woodbury to spot up in the corner... Odds weren't a whole lot better that MG was going to succeed in those situations..

Not buying it. Jok and Uthoff got as many shots as they wanted because they had 3 other guys on the floor with little interest in scoring.

My theory is simple... we didn't have enough scorers and teams started to play Jok and Uthoff differently. They wanted to force them to drive knowing 2 things... that if anything was their weakness it was ball handling and they also had help defenders because of the lack of other scorers surrounding these 2 guys.

I like this 2nd paragraph. If you look at when Gesell would penetrate late in the shot clock. The help came from Woody's guy. Sap was usually weakside. Nobody left Jok and Uthoff, which eliminated the kick outs and woody is not a scorer off the screen and roll. Guarding Jok & Uthoff and not allowing those defenders to give as much help is what hurt IA

Hate to say this but if they'd have driven to the hoop half as often as they took desperation shots on the 10th pass we might not be debating this.

Well according to the Mouth of the Midwest Marty on twitter he's going pro.

More shock Jok for Marty.

Uthoff went from being one of the best players in the nation to an above average player. Maybe Uthoff wanted Jok to be batman.

Why question him, he can do anything he wants to do. I honestly don't think it's any of your business to judge him based on his decision to test water. So what. All we can do to pat his back and say good job and encourage him to do well in life.

This theory is just rediculous. To have a top scorer in organized basketball, you always need at least another to relieve pressure off of the other. Anybody who's played b-ball knows one of the players is going to get a top defender, so it's imperative to have two. A team can usually shut down at least one of the best scorers, so if there were to be only one, doesn't work.