Did Iowa win on Saturday?

homes

Because reading this message board and listening to those know-nothings on SoundOff, I think Iowa lost. Also, based on the transitive property of equality, after Purdue, does it even make sense for Iowa to play the remaining games on its schedule? Aren't we better off spending time writing the script for next year, you know, get a jump on 2017. I heard Oregon, Michigan State and Notre Dame fans have already started, so we're behind.

I don't mind when people are still complaining after an ugly loss to a not very good team. What I don't like is how people base how good an opponent is solely on how they played against us. We actually made Minnesota look a lot worse than they are but people don't want to give credit where credit is deserved. If we played like that against NDSU and Northwestern, we would be 6-0 right now.

I don't mind when people are still complaining after an ugly loss to a not very good team. What I don't like is how people base how good an opponent is solely on how they played against us. We actually made Minnesota look a lot worse than they are but people don't want to give credit where credit is deserved. If we played like that against NDSU and Northwestern, we would be 6-0 right now.

Agreed but there lies the problem when you lose to a FCS team. That loss took so much out of the fanbase. It really destroyed Iowa's credibility as a program, perception wise. Iowa fans are going to have a hard time with that for a very long time. Any benefit of the doubt that was present prior to that is gone. Couple it with the contract and you got a fan base that is not real patient or understanding right now.

Even if Iowa would have somehow lost to the Clown-show at home and beat NDSU at home, I think fans would still be pissed but would chalk it up to "ISU's Superbowl" etc, I think the reaction is different. Bottom line, its better to lose to a horrible Power 5 team like ISU or Rutgers than a great FCS team.

This is what happens when a lot of expectations get put on this team during the preseason and coming off a top 10 finish last year. I think the criticism is justified, this is pretty much the same team we had last year and instead of seeing them take a step forward it appears we have taken 2 steps back. Perhaps last year we were just lucky and over rated.

Minnesota just put close to 500 yards of offense against Penn State at Penn State and the Iowa D shut them down. They were averaging 36 points per game and Leidner has torched the Hawks the last two years. The improvements were great on the defensive side. There was still problems with the offense but I saw a little improvement. The run blocking was better and the Minnesota D came into the game pretty good against the run. The short drops for Beathard helped. Give the oline another week to work on this rotation and see how they do against Purdue, I think they will be a lot better and by the time Wisconsin gets here they will put themselves in a position where they can win that game. I think the only game that isn't winnable is Michigan. They are just too good this year.

I'm still sick from watching that ugly game,but I will take it. It will take alot more for me to be positive going forward.

There is just no excuse for how bad we are on offense. Six games in, and what we're told is "we're close". Other teams have less experience than we do, and there isnt the struggle we continue to see on that side of the ball.

It was an ugly game. Those happen. It seems to happen to Iowa a lot more often than not.

Minnesota just put close to 500 yards of offense against Penn State at Penn State and the Iowa D shut them down. They were averaging 36 points per game and Leidner has torched the Hawks the last two years. The improvements were great on the defensive side. There was still problems with the offense but I saw a little improvement. The run blocking was better and the Minnesota D came into the game pretty good against the run. The short drops for Beathard helped. Give the oline another week to work on this rotation and see how they do against Purdue, I think they will be a lot better and by the time Wisconsin gets here they will put themselves in a position where they can win that game. I think the only game that isn't winnable is Michigan. They are just too good this year.

MN's problem was they couldn't keep Iowa's juggernaut offense off the field.

It's because when Iowa loses or wins, the game kind of seems the same. Northwestern and NDSU felt the same as Minnesota and Rutgers.

I will admit that I thought the Hawks defense would give up a minimum of 30 and we would get run over. The defense deserves a ton of credit. They stepped up and got the W. The offense? Well we showed some flashes on some drives, a couple of great runs, but overall...woof.

My biggest complain is the consistency of the team. If our defense comes out playing like they did on Saturday against NDSU and Northwestern we're still undefeated. That said, there's absolutely no excuse, IMO, for what's going on with our offense. We've seen our offense and defense clicking at the same time just once this year (ISU) and I think we can all agree that it'd be nice to see both sides of the ball playing well for 60 minutes game in and game out.

Agreed but there lies the problem when you lose to a FCS team. That loss took so much out of the fanbase. It really destroyed Iowa's credibility as a program, perception wise. Iowa fans are going to have a hard time with that for a very long time. Any benefit of the doubt that was present prior to that is gone. Couple it with the contract and you got a fan base that is not real patient or understanding right now.

Even if Iowa would have somehow lost to the Clown-show at home and beat NDSU at home, I think fans would still be pissed but would chalk it up to "ISU's Superbowl" etc, I think the reaction is different. Bottom line, its better to lose to a horrible Power 5 team like ISU or Rutgers than a great FCS team.

Not in my book. Losing to ISU is FAR WORSE than losing to the best FSC team. NDS is far better than ISU or Rutgers and also probably better than at least 50% of the d-1 programs in the country. Losing to ISU is more embarrassing than losing to Loras...

Not in my book. Losing to ISU is FAR WORSE than losing to the best FSC team. NDS is far better than ISU or Rutgers and also probably better than at least 50% of the d-1 programs in the country. Losing to ISU is more embarrassing than losing to Loras...

Homerism spin. Outside our fanbase this won't sell.

This is what happens when a lot of expectations get put on this team during the preseason and coming off a top 10 finish last year. I think the criticism is justified, this is pretty much the same team we had last year and instead of seeing them take a step forward it appears we have taken 2 steps back. Perhaps last year we were just lucky and over rated.

Oklahoma, Stanford, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Texas, Florida State, LSU, Georgia, Oregon and Iowa. All of these teams have two or more losses already. All of these great teams were ranked early on. Just a tough year for the elite.(Bazinga)

Any win over Minnesota in Minneapolis is a great win. Iowa gave a magnificent effort last Saturday.

There are six games left to play (and hopefully seven). The book on this season is yet to be written. Stay tuned.

Oklahoma, Stanford, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Texas, Florida State, LSU, Georgia, Oregon and Iowa. All of these teams have two or more losses already. All of these great teams were ranked early on. Just a tough year for the elite.(Bazinga)

Put their schedule against ours. and see if those two losses feel the same as our.

It'd be one thing if we're coming off a 12-0 season and our schedule is loaded like a WI

We played against some of the worst FBS teams in the nation, and one of the better FCS schools and we have two losses.

That's football!!!

Ask any Iowa State fan which loss bothers them the most, UNI or Iowa?

I honestly don't know which bothers them the most. I do know the minute we lost that game the playoffs were gone along with any hope of finishing ranked. I hope I'm wrong about that last part. Rationalizing a loss to an FCS school after a Rose Bowl season is beyond my ability.

Minnesota just put close to 500 yards of offense against Penn State at Penn State and the Iowa D shut them down. They were averaging 36 points per game and Leidner has torched the Hawks the last two years. The improvements were great on the defensive side. There was still problems with the offense but I saw a little improvement.

I appload your optimism, but your justification sets the bar very low.(you're not alone)

Pitt (over 400 yards) and Mich (over 500) both lit up PSU. Is that D good? Lots of injuries. Minny's scoring avg?
Oregon St, Indiana St, and Colorado St round out their sched- all have 3 losses already.

Scoring defense had been really consistent for the goofs. 23-29 points every game. How many did the improved Iowa offense have?

Homerism spin. Outside our fanbase this won't sell.

Any person who follows college football closely is well aware that NDSU is better than the ISUs of the world..
Put their schedule against ours. and see if those two losses feel the same as our.

It'd be one thing if we're coming off a 12-0 season and our schedule is loaded like a WI

We played against some of the worst FBS teams in the nation, and one of the better FCS schools and we have two losses.

That's football!!!
Did you miss the "Bazinga"? (sarcasm) Big Bang Theory?

Latest posts