Did Iowa win on Saturday?

Minnesota is not that bad. They took PSU to overtime on the road. I think it's a good win and a much improved game especially by the D. This is a new line-up on the OL so it will take some time to gel but I did see a few times were CJ actually had time to throw. It wasn't CJs best game but if we had that I would say we were almost full throttle.

Any person who follows college football closely is well aware that NDSU is better than the ISUs of the world..

Did you miss the "Bazinga"? (sarcasm) Big Bang Theory?

a pair of 1 loss teams being considered by the playoff committee

one has a P5 loss

the other has an FCS loss

which one you think gets in??

btw, even if you could scientifically prove your point . . . you basically just said Iowa scheduled Miami of Ohio . . . Iowa State . . . and another weak FBS team . . . only a fool would be proud of that OOC. You can keep spinning it. But KF screwed up with the OOC and he got bit by his cowardly approach.

I honestly don't know which bothers them the most. I do know the minute we lost that game the playoffs were gone along with any hope of finishing ranked. I hope I'm wrong about that last part. Rationalizing a loss to an FCS school after a Rose Bowl season is beyond my ability.

Both bad but if you made me pick my poison I'll take losing to a FCS school over Iowa State any day. But I live among a bunch of Iowa State fans who make my life miserable when we lose to them. They won't even look at me right now.

It's because when Iowa loses or wins, the game kind of seems the same. Northwestern and NDSU felt the same as Minnesota and Rutgers.

Minnesota felt a little different to me. But I get what you're saying.

Minnesota had a less mobile QB, that helps Iowa a lot. Purdue, while not good overall, has a mobile QB and is putting up yards and points. The offense will need to pull it's weight this week.

Ohio State and Michigan combined to put up like 700 points against Rutgers. Now, I realize we are not anywhere even remotely close to as good as those two programs, but still, 14 points against that Rutgers team is pathetic.

Ohio State and Michigan combined to put up like 700 points against Rutgers. Now, I realize we are not anywhere even remotely close to as good as those two programs, but still, 14 points against that Rutgers team is pathetic.

Come on man, that's old news!

The offense has improved- didn't you see the last game? Now we're able to score 14 against a more respectable team!

I think its possible that with continued improvement, we might drop 14 on Wis in two weeks. Suck on that, Bucky!

a pair of 1 loss teams being considered by the playoff committee

one has a P5 loss

the other has an FCS loss

which one you think gets in??

btw, even if you could scientifically prove your point . . . you basically just said Iowa scheduled Miami of Ohio . . . Iowa State . . . and another weak FBS team . . . only a fool would be proud of that OOC. You can keep spinning it. But KF screwed up with the OOC and he got bit by his cowardly approach.

If the other 1 loss team was Houston, Iowa would get in. If we would have won out after that loss, there would have been about 100% chance of us making the playoffs. Not that it matters because there was about a 0% chance of us winning out. Just saying, we would have made the playoffs after losing to an FCS team.

Agreed but there lies the problem when you lose to a FCS team. That loss took so much out of the fanbase. It really destroyed Iowa's credibility as a program, perception wise. Iowa fans are going to have a hard time with that for a very long time. Any benefit of the doubt that was present prior to that is gone. Couple it with the contract and you got a fan base that is not real patient or understanding right now.

Even if Iowa would have somehow lost to the Clown-show at home and beat NDSU at home, I think fans would still be pissed but would chalk it up to "ISU's Superbowl" etc, I think the reaction is different. Bottom line, its better to lose to a horrible Power 5 team like ISU or Rutgers than a great FCS team.

YES YES YES, a thousand times yes.

If we played Iowa Western Community College and lost there would be silly people trying to spin it as not embarrassing and not a colossal failure in scheduling logic.

Anyway, I'm done with this.

Last edited: