Did i see something about a kid from NC?

BuiltLikeWilt

or that Dillard has got one coming with him? I still think we get Salter and Ware, just letting Tony take his tropical visit. then We'll ask Ware too,.

I can do without news of all the reaches FM is making on the recruiting front. Might behoove him to go a little more undercover until he is further along in the process with some if these kids. I also wonder who the source of all this information might be? FM is verboten from talking about unsigned recruits. Who has the loose lips? Van maybe?

I can do without news of all the reaches FM is making on the recruiting front. Might behoove him to go a little more undercover until he is further along in the process with some if these kids. I also wonder who the source of all this information might be? FM is verboten from talking about unsigned recruits. Who has the loose lips? Van maybe?

Why would it be in his best interest? Fans like to follow recruiting, if he is recruiting and getting visits why not make it know, it might even stimulate some interest.

By the way, where is that PG you kept declaring would come with the assistant coach that was hired? I will assume your conclusion that all these recruits are reaches will be as accurate as your baseless declarations concerning the pg.

Hey, CAARHawk.

Did you ever think people might be getting news of this recruiting from someone other than the Iowa coaches? Maybe players that are being recruited get word out there about who is recruiting them?

And unless I miss my guess, he can probably talk to people in the recruiting business about recruits and find out their thoughts, and in so doing those people might know some of his thoughts on recruiting and who he is recruiting. All the while he might be totally abiding by the rule you seem to be so concerned with.

Think before you type. It might come in handy sometime.

And who is that PG recruit that the last coach we hired was going to bring?

Or maybe the news is being let out on purpose so people stay engaged in Iowa Basketball year round. I have a feeling the amount of news being filtered out is intentional.. it's piquing interest and people (fans) are talking Iowa Basketball right now... It's all a plus right now. Interested people= paying people.

Re: Hey, CAARHawk.

Did you ever think people might be getting news of this recruiting from someone other than the Iowa coaches? Maybe players that are being recruited get word out there about who is recruiting them?

And unless I miss my guess, he can probably talk to people in the recruiting business about recruits and find out their thoughts, and in so doing those people might know some of his thoughts on recruiting and who he is recruiting. All the while he might be totally abiding by the rule you seem to be so concerned with.

Think before you type. It might come in handy sometime.

And who is that PG recruit that the last coach we hired was going to bring?

See where I said FM couldn't talk about recruits? I don't think this is coming from the coaches. I suggested it might be someone like Van Coleman to whom I know FM talks.

I know some people want all the information they can get. I was saying I could do without knowing about every situation where he is going after a recruit. Particularly if there looks like little chance the kis is coming to Iowa.

The point guard stuff ramped up right before the Salter thing broke and also right before Fran said he was probably going to sign one player and singled out a guard. However, just about the time we started to hear some downplaying about Salter, I stopped hearing things. Not that it isn't going to happen, just nothing. Take that for what it is worth.

I know some people want all the information they can get. I was saying I could do without knowing about every situation where he is going after a recruit. Particularly if there looks like little chance the kis is coming to Iowa.

My guess is that you are in the minority on this line of thinking....

My guess is that you are in the minority on this line of thinking....

I wouldn't doubt that. I just think programs look better when they keep their perceived losses to a minimum, whether these losses are about taergeted kids that can't get through Iowa admissions (hello Mr. Neal), or ones who sign with schools closer to home, which would really surprise me if this did not happen in this case.

I would still recruit these kids, but if it were me, I would keep it on the downlow until I had a clearer sense on where I stood. Of course, it is going to be hard to do this in the fishbowl that is Iowa City. That is why I would try to go a little more undercover. But that is just me.

I think most fans know that just having recruits list Iowa as a possibilty does not mean they are coming to Iowa. Does snippets about recruits spur traffic on these boards? Sure it does. It is the offseason,and there is not all that much to discuss in terms of Hawkeye sports right now. Is this a negative? Not really, in my book.
Or in Jon Miller,Rob Howe,or Tom Kakerts books either.
I guess Iowa could go completely underground with their recruiting efforts, quell any discussion of Iowa bb, and make the boards go dark...that would be better how?

We are all adults,and presumably know that until a recruit signs a LOI next November, it is all speculation. This kind of chatter drives the real bb programs boards all offseason at KU,UNC,Ky...ect....not that we want that kind of engagement with a fan base..I guess?

It's a visit NOT an offer. No loss. I like to hear about Fran on the road. Get his and Iowa's name out there for the world to see.

This kind of chatter drives the real bb programs boards all offseason at KU,UNC,Ky...ect....

The difference is that KU, UNC, KY sign the players they are reportingly recruiting. We see them sign elsewhere.

But, don't get me wrong. I know that my position is pretty weak. Just what I have gotten to as an Iowa fan over the last decade. Just would like to start hearing more good recruiting news, than bad news, even if it meant less news. Long time since that happened.

Really doesn't bother me to see all the recruiting news- honestly this is a slow time for FB & BB... what else do you want people to write about? Nice to see Fran hitting the trail and trying to sell these guys- it keeps the interest and energy moving as fans I think.

I guess that depends on your demographic. I could ask 50 random Hawkeye fans about basketball recruiting, and I'm fairly confident at least 90% would have very little idea what's happening in regards to recruiting. I'm sure that number is quite lower at the message board level, but that's also an extremely small percentage of the fan base. It's absurd to think that most people are hanging on the details of Fran's journeys.

Latest posts