Did i see something about a kid from NC?

Re: Hey, CAARHawk.

I guess that depends on your demographic. I could ask 50 random Hawkeye fans about basketball recruiting, and I'm fairly confident at least 90% would have very little idea what's happening in regards to recruiting. I'm sure that number is quite lower at the message board level, but that's also an extremely small percentage of the fan base. It's absurd to think that most people are hanging on the details of Fran's journeys.

If you think that when I posted my comment on an Iowa Basketball forum that the demographic I was eluding to was worldly...you are delusional.

I give you props on trying to argue your point but it was weak.

If you look at how many views this thread has received in only being posted a day, it would be hard to argue that the majority aren't interested in recruiting. Go ahead though, keep on trying....

This thread doesn't even contain a name just a random kid out of NC and it has over 1500 views.

If you think that when I posted my comment on an Iowa Basketball forum that the demographic I was eluding to was worldly...you are delusional.

I give you props on trying to argue your point but it was weak.

If you look at how many views this thread has received in only being posted a day, it would be hard to argue that the majority aren't interested in recruiting. Go ahead though, keep on trying....

This thread doesn't even contain a name just a random kid out of NC and it has over 1500 views.
My goodness, calm down. It's not my fault your statement was ambiguous.

I wouldn't doubt that. I just think programs look better when they keep their perceived losses to a minimum, whether these losses are about taergeted kids that can't get through Iowa admissions (hello Mr. Neal), or ones who sign with schools closer to home, which would really surprise me if this did not happen in this case.

I would still recruit these kids, but if it were me, I would keep it on the downlow until I had a clearer sense on where I stood. Of course, it is going to be hard to do this in the fishbowl that is Iowa City. That is why I would try to go a little more undercover. But that is just me.

No offense CaarHawk, but you seem to not like much about Fran...like you're setting up for the "I told ya so!" if things don't work out...

I am not completely sold on him either until we see improvement on the court and stop losing to mid majors. I like the moves he has made and his work ethic so put me down for cautiously optimistic

No offense CaarHawk, but you seem to not like much about Fran...like you're setting up for the "I told ya so!" if things don't work out...

I am cautiously optimistic. I like the coaching hires. Except I don't necessarily see a Chicago guy on the staff, which is one thing I thought was important, but I like the make up to a large extent.

That being said, I have done a bunch of research on recent coaching hires that have been successful and the constant is pretty much immediate recuiting success. So I am kind of fixated on that. And the reality is that there hasn't been a whole lot of positive stuff there. Also, there have been a couple comments about players from which he has had to back away. This has made me a little uneasy mainly because of our most recent experience with a staff that didn't seem to understand the difficulty of the task ahead or the particularities of the situation.

Of course FM didn't hire a bunch of kids with little experience, which really should help. Nonetheless, until I see results in the form of a significant uptick in recruiting my optimism will stay tempered.

Latest posts