Did Fleck keel-haul his freshman QB?

If you're saying Minny would have scored a TD without Fleck rowing himself onto the field is not true. *IF* it was 15 yard penalty, which it wouldn't have been. They had momentum but weren't in the end zone. 2x 1st half Minny was <10 yard line & didn't reach the end zone.You can't assume Iowa would just give up a TD.

& Epstein didn't kill himself.
You're welcome to see it your way for sure. They would have been set up first and goal. I believe they would have taken it in.

I know everyone wants to hate him. However coaches see things we don't. Havinig coached other sports including soccer, it is possible the qb was hurt. Players that have a big hit oft want to stay in the game and dong know what they are doing and sometimes you need to yell. I be had player not come out after a hit and yelled go down and seeing me be "mad' gets the message across.

If he misses next week ya ll gonna feel silly. Just wait and see. With concussions getting hit again can be really bad. They didn't need a penalty.

PJ Fleck had no idea if Morgan had a concussion right after the play when he was signaling him to go down, go down. Sure he might have seen the signs of it when they gave Minnesota a timeout and Fleck came onto the field, and walking back to the sideline. I'll give you at that point he might have had that concern then. The point is when he told Morgan from the sideline to "Go Down" he had no clue if he was even hurt let alone had a concussion.

You're welcome to see it your way for sure. They would have been set up first and goal. I believe they would have taken it in.

Minnesota would NOT have gotten the ball 1st and goal. The penalty was after the play and therefore assessed after the play. It would have been a turnover on downs, and Iowa gets the ball at the 7 after they are assessed a penalty that would have been 1/2 the distance to the goal line.

Fleck is a disingenuous douche bag. He says he ran onto the field to check on his WR because he was "lying motionless". Bullshit, he popped right up from that tap Belton gave him. Then he tells Morgan to go down, then pretends his QB is in "concession protocol"?

I mean it is shit like this that just makes me hate the dude. I think he is like a religious con artist. He wraps himself up in piousness, when it is all just about him in the end. Watch the two post game celebrations I have linked. One is a guy who is happy for his team and players. The other is a guy who is happy for himself.

Who daf uq crowd surfs face down? Even more of a douche than I thought.

Minnesota would NOT have gotten the ball 1st and goal. The penalty was after the play and therefore assessed after the play. It would have been a turnover on downs, and Iowa gets the ball at the 7 after they are assessed a penalty that would have been 1/2 the distance to the goal line.
Thank you my man. I just knocked out my apology post in another thread so I'm not going to rehash it here.:)

PJ Fleck had no idea if Morgan had a concussion right after the play when he was signaling him to go down, go down. Sure he might have seen the signs of it when they gave Minnesota a timeout and Fleck came onto the field, and walking back to the sideline. I'll give you at that point he might have had that concern then. The point is when he told Morgan from the sideline to "Go Down" he had no clue if he was even hurt let alone had a concussion.

You may be correct.

So Morgan gets sacked twice deep in Gopher territory. He’s sitting up and does not appear to be seriously hurt. Clearly he gets the message, from Fleck, to stay down to stop the clock at 1:07 with no timeouts remaining.

So Pajama Coach brings in his freshman QB to run two desperation plays.

Morgan is standing on the sideline, seemingly fine, and never returns. Fleck’s freshman QB suffers the game’s lone turnover.

I don’t think anyone can blame the freshman for the loss.

IMHO dick butt move by the a-hole with the white coat and maroon tie.
If you coach your team to "fake an injury" to stop the clock since you have no timeouts remaining, why would it be the QB who is having a great game? Wouldn't you tell a lineman that he "twisted his knee" trying to block the rush?

It pains me to give Fleck the benefit of the doubt, but it is possible that Morgan appeared wobbly and disoriented from the sidelines after the sack, and Fleck told him to get down so that he could be assessed.

That said, either way, I do think that Fleck viewed the scene as a fortuitous opportunity.

Fleck cost his team the game with his ego. It cost him fifteen yards which offset Dane Belton's foolish late hit which would have kept the drive alive.

Like the Cleveland Browns, Fleck and Minny still have some things to learn about winning big and being front runners. Is there any doubt that Minnesota takes it in if they get a first down there?

Belton's hit would not have kept the drive alive. The drive ended with the drop. All Belton's hit did was place the ball half the distance to the goal. Fleck's penalty then moved the ball 15 yards in the "right" direction.

Thank you my man. I just knocked out my apology post in another thread so I'm not going to rehash it here.:)
Yeah it was even trickier than that too, the Iowa penalty occurred first which took us half the distance, then the 15 yarder brought it out to the 21.5 yard line - so they didn't actually offset

Fleck is a disingenuous douche bag. He says he ran onto the field to check on his WR because he was "lying motionless". Bullshit, he popped right up from that tap Belton gave him. Then he tells Morgan to go down, then pretends his QB is in "concession protocol"?

I mean it is shit like this that just makes me hate the dude. I think he is like a religious con artist. He wraps himself up in piousness, when it is all just about him in the end. Watch the two post game celebrations I have linked. One is a guy who is happy for his team and players. The other is a guy who is happy for himself.

Hahah saw this tweet from some rando comparing KF to Tom Osborne. There are some people who have no concept of reality.

I think PJ spazzed and overreacted because the crowd was in his head and he thought Epenesa might decapitate Morgan on the 3rd down play. In reality, Morgan could have played the 3rd down play then been in for the 4th down too. Once Morgan is on the sideline he seems fine. Fleck was rattled. I think Fleck thought his QB was injured and that thought was wrong. If Morgan doesn't play this Saturday then Fleck was right.

According to local media up here Fleck and his staff felt Morgan was hurt after the 1st down sack. They now believe that is when the concussion occurred.

That would help explain why Morgan was so confused before 2nd down and let so much time run off the clock. Plus on that sack he just kinda ducked and covered. Pretty soft move for a guy who had been tearing Iowa apart for 58 minutes.

So Morgan gets sacked twice deep in Gopher territory. He’s sitting up and does not appear to be seriously hurt. Clearly he gets the message, from Fleck, to stay down to stop the clock at 1:07 with no timeouts remaining.

So Pajama Coach brings in his freshman QB to run two desperation plays.

Morgan is standing on the sideline, seemingly fine, and never returns. Fleck’s freshman QB suffers the game’s lone turnover.

I don’t think anyone can blame the freshman for the loss.

IMHO dick butt move by the a-hole with the white coat and maroon tie.
Fleck = Dantonio

According to local media up here Fleck and his staff felt Morgan was hurt after the 1st down sack. They now believe that is when the concussion occurred.

That would help explain why Morgan was so confused before 2nd down and let so much time run off the clock. Plus on that sack he just kinda ducked and covered. Pretty soft move for a guy who had been tearing Iowa apart for 58 minutes.
I'd duck and cover to, if I saw AJ coming at me like he was! LOL

Morgan was hurt and dazed after the vicious hit by Epeneza (a great play by Eppy, by the way).

I really believe Fleck told his QB to stay down because he thought he was hurt. He took him out because he knew he was hurt.

This is really a dumb thread.

Morgan may not play against NW because of a concussion. He was INJURED by Epeneza. It had nothing to do with clock stoppage, in my humble opinion.

Fleck is a very good coach, by the way. I love our guy, but Fleck is going to be formidable so long as he stays at Minnesota.

I know everyone wants to hate him. However coaches see things we don't. Havinig coached other sports including soccer, it is possible the qb was hurt. Players that have a big hit oft want to stay in the game and dong know what they are doing and sometimes you need to yell. I be had player not come out after a hit and yelled go down and seeing me be "mad' gets the message across.

If he misses next week ya ll gonna feel silly. Just wait and see. With concussions getting hit again can be really bad. They didn't need a penalty.

Contrarian view. Shocking.

There is pretty clear video of the kid totally fine, and Fleck screaming for him to go down, to stop the clock. Come on man.

Latest posts