Did Fleck keel-haul his freshman QB?

tweeterhawk

So Morgan gets sacked twice deep in Gopher territory. He’s sitting up and does not appear to be seriously hurt. Clearly he gets the message, from Fleck, to stay down to stop the clock at 1:07 with no timeouts remaining.

So Pajama Coach brings in his freshman QB to run two desperation plays.

Morgan is standing on the sideline, seemingly fine, and never returns. Fleck’s freshman QB suffers the game’s lone turnover.

I don’t think anyone can blame the freshman for the loss.

IMHO dick butt move by the a-hole with the white coat and maroon tie.

Last edited:
Morgan was "hurt" on 2nd down and they didnt have any timeouts so he had to come out of the game for one play. I guess Fleck could have put morgan back in for 4th down but maybe he was a little gimpy.

Fleck is an ass hat! Though we lost three we could of easily won nothing is more pleasurable than beating that snake salesman!

That is crazy because the backup stayed in for the last two plays.
No it’s not. Morgan was chewing us up. I thought even from the 20 on their last possession they had a chance to go the length and get the winning TD. As I’m sure did most of Kinnick and us proles watching on FOX.

When he got sacked twice with the clock running and Fleck, due to utter ineptitude having no timeouts left, needed a way to stop the clock. Suddenly Morgan is “hurt.” Fleck knew he couldn’t win with 1:07 left. So in comes the freshman to finish the first loss of the season.

That thar is a hot sports take.

When he got sacked twice with the clock running and Fleck, due to utter ineptitude having no timeouts left, needed a way to stop the clock. Suddenly Morgan is “hurt.” Fleck knew he couldn’t win with 1:07 left. So in comes the freshman to finish the first loss of the season.

You could see Fleck pointing to the ground and yelling "go down, go down". Not sure I could hate that guy any more.

After the game, Fleck said his QB better be in concussion protocol. Morgan was pleading to come back in. We all saw Fleck coaching him to stay down.

I feel this was total bush league. You see this kind of coaching strategy in an 11 year old flag football league....not Big Ten Conference.

No it’s not. Morgan was chewing us up. I thought even from the 20 on their last possession they had a chance to go the length and get the winning TD. As I’m sure did most of Kinnick and us proles watching on FOX.

That thar is a hot sports take.

That is an idiotic take. He knew he couldn’t win with over a minute left so he pulled his QB that was hot all game? He told his hot QB to fake an injury so the freshman could come in during the most important part of their season to date versus their biggest rival? And if it was a fake injury then why did he stay out on fourth down?

He was hurt so he came out. He had to come out for one play. If he was really hurt then maybe he couldn’t come in for fourth down due to the injury. That makes more sense than your stupid take, just because you don’t like Fleck.

Fleck cost his team the game with his ego. It cost him fifteen yards which offset Dane Belton's foolish late hit which would have kept the drive alive.

Like the Cleveland Browns, Fleck and Minny still have some things to learn about winning big and being front runners. Is there any doubt that Minnesota takes it in if they get a first down there?

Fleck cost his team the game with his ego. It cost him fifteen yards which offset Dane Belton's foolish late hit which would have kept the drive alive.

Like the Cleveland Browns, Fleck and Minny still have some things to learn about winning big and being front runners. Is there any doubt that Minnesota takes it in if they get a first down there?

Belton’s late hit was a dead ball foul. It was Iowa’s ball either way.

Belton’s late hit was a dead ball foul. It was Iowa’s ball either way.
Wow! If that was a dead ball that's a hell of a break for Iowa. Belton hit him perhaps two steps after the incompletion.

In last year's Nebraska vs Colorado game Nebraska had Colorado stopped late. But a defensive back made a similar late hit. It kept the drive alive and Colorado won the game late.

Are you telling me in the judgement of the official that Belton's late hit was a dead ball and after the turnover on downs? That was a hell of a break for Iowa then.

. . . . Is there any doubt that Minnesota takes it in if they get a first down there?

If you're saying Minny would have scored a TD without Fleck rowing himself onto the field is not true. *IF* it was 15 yard penalty, which it wouldn't have been. They had momentum but weren't in the end zone. 2x 1st half Minny was <10 yard line & didn't reach the end zone.You can't assume Iowa would just give up a TD.

& Epstein didn't kill himself.

That is an idiotic take. He knew he couldn’t win with over a minute left so he pulled his QB that was hot all game? He told his hot QB to fake an injury so the freshman could come in during the most important part of their season to date versus their biggest rival? And if it was a fake injury then why did he stay out on fourth down?

He was hurt so he came out. He had to come out for one play. If he was really hurt then maybe he couldn’t come in for fourth down due to the injury. That makes more sense than your stupid take, just because you don’t like Fleck.
Morgan must have not known the rule about missing the next play after an injury because he looked pissed at Fleck for telling him to fake it .

Fleck is a disingenuous douche bag. He says he ran onto the field to check on his WR because he was "lying motionless". Bullshit, he popped right up from that tap Belton gave him. Then he tells Morgan to go down, then pretends his QB is in "concession protocol"?

I mean it is shit like this that just makes me hate the dude. I think he is like a religious con artist. He wraps himself up in piousness, when it is all just about him in the end. Watch the two post game celebrations I have linked. One is a guy who is happy for his team and players. The other is a guy who is happy for himself.

I know everyone wants to hate him. However coaches see things we don't. Havinig coached other sports including soccer, it is possible the qb was hurt. Players that have a big hit oft want to stay in the game and dong know what they are doing and sometimes you need to yell. I be had player not come out after a hit and yelled go down and seeing me be "mad' gets the message across.

If he misses next week ya ll gonna feel silly. Just wait and see. With concussions getting hit again can be really bad. They didn't need a penalty.

Latest posts