Did anyone notice.......

Hawkeyes5

There's been this big deal about Blake O Neill and the botched punt, but he should have never been in that situation.
If you go back and look at their final possession, Michigan had 1st and 10 with 1:47 left. After a running play and a timeout by MSU. They had 2nd and 7 with 1:37 left, they ran again for no gain and the clock runs. As its 3rd down and the clock running, with 57 seconds and 11 seconds on the PLAY clock, Rudock snaps the ball. They run the ball and the ball is set down with 47 seconds. They run the play clock all the way down and call timeout with....yep 10 seconds left. Anyone see where the REAL screw up was?

I had missed that, I was watching the game but not paying very close attention since it seemed like an obvious Michigan win. Do you have a video link?

There's been this big deal about Blake O Neill and the botched punt, but he should have never been in that situation.
If you go back and look at their final possession, Michigan had 1st and 10 with 1:47 left. After a running play and a timeout by MSU. They had 2nd and 7 with 1:37 left, they ran again for no gain and the clock runs. As its 3rd down and the clock running, with 57 seconds and 11 seconds on the PLAY clock, Rudock snaps the ball. They run the ball and the ball is set down with 47 seconds. They run the play clock all the way down and call timeout with....yep 10 seconds left. Anyone see where the REAL screw up was?

Actually, Harbaugh called timeout with 1 second left on the play clock and 57 seconds left on the game clock, so the clock was not running when JR had the ball snapped. See the 2:38:45 mark:

[video=youtube;5n4xQ3z4dHA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n4xQ3z4dHA[/video]

First of all any head coach or offensive coord in this position should know they need to run sweep plays to use up more time. Geezuz these guys make 6 million bucks a year and cant figure out they could run about 3 more seconds off of each of those 3 running plays by using sweep plays.

The even if it it 4th down with 1 second to play rather than 10 seconds to play you run a QB sneak to run out the 1 second left on the clock. Amazing how stupid these guys are. They should have a chart knowing how much time they can use up depending on how many time outs the opponent has.

There are many angles on this. But there is one certainty... Harbaugh's "coaching genius " label took a bit hit.

You have a 40 second play clock so if MSU can call one timeout you basically can run 80 seconds of 126 seconds off the clock after 2nd and third down. You take into account 5-7 seconds of playing time during downs 1,2, and 3 and you there was 10 seconds left.

As I said, you run sweep plays and even tell your running back or QB who might be running the ball to reverse their run to eat up more time and that poor punter isnt even on the field on 4th down.

So dont send death threats to a young man who should never have been in that position.

Yup. He snapped the ball with 11 seconds left on the play clock.

You have a 40 second play clock so if MSU can call one timeout you basically can run 80 seconds of 126 seconds off the clock after 2nd and third down. You take into account 5-7 seconds of playing time during downs 1,2, and 3 and you there was 10 seconds left.

As I said, you run sweep plays and even tell your running back or QB who might be running the ball to reverse their run to eat up more time and that poor punter isnt even on the field on 4th down.

Dont send death threats to a young man...

Everything else is irrelevant to the last line, which I fixed for you.

Do not threaten athletes at any level. Do not threaten the coaches. Do not threaten the officials, or even the opposing fan base.

It is just a game.

So dont send death threats to a young man who should never have been in that position.

Death threats? I sent him a fruit basket.

There are many angles on this. But there is one certainty... Harbaugh's "coaching genius " label took a bit hit.

Well, if you considered him a 'coaching genius', you needed to take a hit.
The Media fed many people this line and they lapped it up, like sweet pablum.
Me?
Oh, hill no. When Harbaugh first got to Meechigan, one of his 'top' assistants got picked up
in Ann Arbor for drunk driving. Quite the crew

Latest posts