Dickerson is transferring

Not that surprised really. It's looking like he isn't going to get much minutes behind Gessell and Clemmons next year as well. Can't blame a kid for wanting to play.

What's his eligibility status? I assume he'll need to sit a year and then have 1 to play?

I wish him good luck - seems to have talent but not clicking here for whatever reason. Perhaps go the mid major route and have the chance to be an impact player for 1 season?

What's his eligibility status? I assume he'll need to sit a year and then have 1 to play?

I wish him good luck - seems to have talent but not clicking here for whatever reason. Perhaps go the mid major route and have the chance to be an impact player for 1 season?

I'm pretty sure if he transfers down a division, he can play right away.

So he can go to UNI and dominate the other mid majors....Then fairclown can come back and tell us we should have played him 40 minutes per game.

I'm wondering how much encouragement he got "if any" from the coaching staff to leave. Earlier in the season, about 6 weeks ago, he was saying he wasn't unhappy at all and was looking at the big picture. Now all of a sudden he's leaving.

He will have 3 years to play 2. Depending on what level of program he goes to he could play right away.

I wish him the best of luck. He has some nice tools and could end up a pretty good player.

A top PG in the 2016 class is basically a must now. There will be plenty of PT for Fran to sell.

Weird timing though being so close to the end of the season. I really hope it means Fran found someone to come here.

Weird timing though being so close to the end of the season. I really hope it means Fran found someone to come here.

Yeah, the timing is odd and does make you think something is forcing the issue here. We'll find out soon enough.

I wish the kid the best. Hope he carves out a nice little career for himself.

I wasn't at all impressed with his performance on the court this year. He didn't have a ton of time to prove what he can do, but Fran did give him quite a few minutes to start the season and he just didn't take advantage of it. Far too careless with the ball. I think he was just trying to do too much. He probably had the physical tools to play at this level, but it was pretty clear he couldn't get his emotions under control enough to make a positive impact. I hope he can figure out how to do that elsewhere.

The extra scholarship will be nice to have. It beats utilizing one for a player who probably wasn't going to see much time on the court.

According to a thread in the recruiting forums, Iowa has been in on 4 star PG Nick Noskowiak who was recently released from his LOI to Marquette. Hopefully Fran is in on him hard because suddenly Iowa has exactly zero point guards for the 2016 season.

Trey probably felt that if he wasn't going to get minutes in a 28-point blowout win, on Sunday, then he wasn't going to get any minutes this season.
Even when the bench was emptied the last 2 minutes, I was curious why Oglesby was in the game, but Trey wasn't...............and, yes, I probably could have said that the other 38 minutes.

Trey probably felt that if he wasn't going to get minutes in a 28-point blowout win, on Sunday, then he wasn't going to get any minutes this season.
Even when the bench was emptied the last 2 minutes, I was curious why Oglesby was in the game, but Trey wasn't...............and, yes, I probably could have said that the other 38 minutes.

Well Trey not being in Nebraska makes it hard to put him in the game.

He didn't make the trip...

Latest posts