Dick Pitino Signed With St. John’s For 6 Years

Looks like a good fit for him. He is originally from New York. I don't believe he wanted to leave the state of New York ever again.
He is 71 years old and had already went to final 4's with 3 other teams. He has nothing left to prove. He will probably coach a few more years and call it quits.

Did anyone see who replaced him at Iona? It was the Fairleigh Dickenson coach, Tobin Anderson. Didn't know it until today but he is an Iowa native! He certainly got a lot of mileage out of his upset over Purdue. Strike while the iron is hot I guess....

He had one foot out the door when he took the Iona job. We all knew it wasn't his last stop.

Did anyone see who replaced him at Iona? It was the Fairleigh Dickenson coach, Tobin Anderson. Didn't know it until today but he is an Iowa native! He certainly got a lot of mileage out of his upset over Purdue. Strike while the iron is hot I guess....
He likes that. His last job was 20 miles from FDU so he didn't have to move and uproot. This job is 20.8 miles from FDU. Annnnnd when he replaces Pitino at St. John's that is 21.8 miles away from Iona, lol.

Last edited:
Pitino loading up. Just got a Kansas transfer. SJU gonna be better than Iowa next year. Something they could not say for the last half dozen years. Better team and like it or not he is a better coach than Fran is X's and O's.

Mike Anderson also suing St. John's for the rest of his contract(his buyout) + damages for finding "cause" to not pay his buyout. They say he did not have the players performing well enough academically and did not "supervise" his assistants appropriately. Looks like they will have to pay some $$$ in arbitration. :)

Latest posts