Devoe Joseph to leave the Gophs.

sioux34

It is being reported that Devoe Joseph has asked to be released from his scholarship so that he could transfer to another school. That has got to hurt the gophs. They are looking a little thin in the back court now.

I think the writing was on the wall on that one, esp after the suspension.
The beat writer up in the cities seems to think Gophs might be better without him. I don't think so.

Does he end up at ISU also?
I dont see why not, could he sit out this year and miss like 12 games next year and be eligible after that?

In all seriousness though, they are starting to slide and this could be a chance for Iowa to sneak up and grab a win. Minn is 1-2 in B10 play, granted both losses were on the road to Wisc/MSU but they had to rally to beat Indiana at home, their next 3 games are at OSU and home for Purdue and Iowa in a week span. Iowa could be facing a beaten and potentially 1-4 in B10 team. I like Iowa's chances.

Funny how this stuff plays out. Minny was right in the mix for Joseph's younger bro,a total stud pg who opted for Texas, and now Joseph is moving on...hmmmm.
This guy was very good,and this is a huge blow for the gophers,who I liked for 3rd or higher in the league.

They lost Cobb last year and have a couple of frosh,Hollins and another, on the bench. They looked decent for frosh,but this could be a stretch if Minny wanted to be upper division. Still talented tho,and I see no way the Hawks can beat them at the Barn.