Deusce Hogan In Portal

Deuce and his family were pretty pissed at Kirk for his comment in the presser about if they needed to rely on the 3rd string QB at Nebraska, he would stay home or something like that.

I have to think that this is a sign that Labas is going to pass him this off season. Why leave now before you see if Alex or Spencer are going to leave? He could be one play away from starting next year, unless he is getting passed up.

I have to think that this is a sign that Labas is going to pass him this off season. Why leave now before you see if Alex or Spencer are going to leave? He could be one play away from starting next year, unless he is getting passed up.

This is the problem with having on o-coordinator like Brian and a QB coach like O'Keefe. You end up with a team that basically has Dan Marino, Joe Montana, John Elway and Tony Eason sitting in the QB room. But there is only one ball. A team with 4 amazing QBs might as well have 0 because factions will splinter off. It will rip the team apart.

Fact or speculation? Please provide proof if it is a fact.
I just read it on twitter posted by a guy that has 2 followers. If you need more proof than that, you're walking through life blind. ;)

Seriously though, I haven't seen anything of substance that says this is true.

I don’t take Hogan’s potential departure is bad news for the team. Could well be the opposite if the bullpen is looking good. The pipeline of interested QB recruits is also looking pretty good as well.

Likely the best thing for all parties. The portal is a good thing in this case I believe.

Deuce and his family were pretty pissed at Kirk for his comment in the presser about if they needed to rely on the 3rd string QB at Nebraska, he would stay home or something like that.
I haven't seen anything online or on twitter backing this up. Not saying there isn't, but most of the Iowa media folks I've heard talk about it said the comment was made in jest, and I'd think we'd hear from them if his folks or Hogan himself were making a stink over it.

I haven't seen anything online or on twitter backing this up. Not saying there isn't, but most of the Iowa media folks I've heard talk about it said it was said in jest and I'd think we'd hear from them if his folks or he himself were making a stink over it.
It is a case of the Captain's wry humor. He would have made the same statement if Trevor Lawrence was QB3.

No shock. Hard to blame him. There are two guys in front of him with multiple years of eligibility and a good prospect behind him. There is only one QB1 position most of the time.

That said, transferring is an even bigger crapshoot. Every school has competition for this one-coveted position. A transferring QB usually works out when they have some starting experience and then lose out to injury or a really talented guy behind them, like Jake Rudock or that kid who starts for Rutgers that was at Nebbie. Those type of guys can plug and play. But, a guy like Duece has nothing but high school film to offer. Someone will take a shot at him, but he is no more likely to win the job at SMU than at Iowa. Crapshoot.

Obviously not a surprise. If you don't have a path to starting by yr 3 in the program as a QB... It's pretty much just that simple and for some it's yr 2 if they are so inclined but by yr 3 kids wanna play and be it Petras or Padilla one of them will be starting day 1 next yr.

Question now is do they both stick around this off season to battle it out or does one concede? Wouldn't be surprised to see one of them leave too it'll be interesting to see how it plays out

KF will announce that Petras and Padilla will go into the Spring as co QB1s and will battle for the position. If he is smart, he will not say who won in the Spring and declare he will let it play out in the Fall. He may even hint that they could split some reps in early games. This is not a decision he should make until he has to.

I don't see either guy transferring. Unless they go to a much crappier school, the odds that they beat out incumbents at another school are no better than an injury or performance issue giving them the job back at Iowa. The grass is not always greener.....

Maybe he’s just not very good. Probably over-complicating this whole thing.

Maybe the kid just isn’t college football material and he’s a recruiting miss. Happens literally every year that we have a guy or multiple guys who were uber hyped coming out of high school and they never see the field.

Latest posts