Desmond King?

hwks1

early in the season, #14 was a leader on this defense, making plays all over the field and in the run game.

Is it me or has he kind of disappeared down the stretch? Gets himself in trouble before the neb game?

Has he been reading too many headlines? Desmond, you haven't been too good lately. Time to step it up.

I don't know if he disappeared so much as opposing offenses got smart and stayed away from him. This thing today... who knows? I thought he played well once he entered the game.

It feels like he is pressing a bit to get the record. He is selling out for the pick instead of playing his man tight.

any chance he fumbled the punt out of spite for being benched in the 1st Q today? I dont' think he fumbled one punt all year long until today.

Last edited:
He made a mistake off the field and then a big one on the field with he muffed punt that led to a TD but then rebounded nicely. He had a big punt return setting up a TD drive and then saved the day by recovering Riley McCarrom's fumbled kick off. How big was that recovery? Next play Canzeri goes 67 yards to the house!

Stop looking to dog our players in this program. Last time I checked we have NEVER gone 12-0 or undefeated in the regular season. That should be good enough for once.

any chance he fumbled the punt in spite of being benched in the 1st Q today? I dont' think he fumbled one punt all year long until today.

No, ball was knuckling, wind blowing. I think he just started running before he had it. A mistake, he played well after.

Gonna need him on point next week.

He hasn't been horrible or anything.. but yeah he hasn't played as well lately.

I think he is pressing at times.

He has been tackling pretty well in run support however.

King hit a bump in the road but I'm glad he's on our team. He always shows up big in some way. Just wait till next week he'll do something remarkable. Count on it!

He made a mistake on special teams... Coverage has been as good as normal but he's just dropped his last couple Int opps.

Other teams don't throw much to his side of the field which makes Mabin a very busy man and Mabin is doing a pretty good job. The ints he hasn't gotten have been two feet over his head or a diving attempt at his ankles. He still scares the crap out of other qbs and O coodiinators. Every throw is a potential pick six.

This happens with corners. I think it is the most volatile position in the league.

Look at what happened with Richard Sherman. He was the hottest name on the Seahawks for a solid stretch of games, then opposing teams stopped targeting him as much. Thus the hype around corners disappears. When you have a hot QB or RB you try to get them involved as much as possible; it's the opposite for corners. In fact it's good when they're not making any noise.

Now, Des definitely missed a couple interceptions he should have easily had. We will need him to secure balls like that in the game against MSU/Mich/OSU. I have to think it's mental at this point.

I love Desmond King, but I have to think these last 3-4 games have slowed down the whole first or second round draft pick talk this year.

The only bright side to his reduced production is it increases his chances of being back next year.

Latest posts