Derrick Willies

Question on the Defensive Line..........Faith Ekakitie. Has he seen the field recently? Perhaps I've missed him, but
I know that Jaleel J was rotating againt Indiana.
Also, I saw today that Louis Trinca-Passat leads all BigTEN Def Linemen in tackles, currently. LTP is one tough hombre

I would give CJ the benefit of the doubt if it was one pass or not KMM.

KMM can run that route in his sleep.

Its not even a route. Its two steps, or in this case no steps.

Stuff like that is pure timing and you both have to be on the same page. Obviously they weren't, probably because CJ wasn't practicing with the 1s all week.

CJ misses that pass a lot. He just does.

I dont think thats accurate.

Maybe Im not remebering correctly, but all the other times I remeber him making that throw it has connected.

Not to mention that he hasn't thrown enough of any sort of passes to say he does anything allot.

It was KMM 's fault CJ missed him by a combine 6 yards on two uncontested passes?

Actually, it was KMM's fault on both of them, at least according to Podolak. He and Dolph said it was one of the least awesome performances of his career. Maybe you know more than him, I don't know.

One of the first callers on KGYM's Gym Class yesterday asked the hosts if they had heard rumblings that Willies is planning to transfer. Definitely hope that this is not the case. Has anyone else heard this out there?

Actually, it was KMM's fault on both of them, at least according to Podolak. He and Dolph said it was one of the least awesome performances of his career. Maybe you know more than him, I don't know.

I heard them say that as well. Podolak was convinced that KMM didn't even turn around to look for the pass. He also said that CJB fires the ball a lot quicker, which is actually an advantage for that type of play if it is executed. Overall, he said it was up to the receivers to understand that CJB fires the ball quicker than JR and that the QB's shouldn't have to change what they do to suit the WR's.

Either way, those were bad throws no matter who was at fault. Correctable though.

I tend to belive what Podolak says when it come to the Hawks

One of the first callers on KGYM's Gym Class yesterday asked the hosts if they had heard rumblings that Willies is planning to transfer. Definitely hope that this is not the case. Has anyone else heard this out there?

I posted a hint of this after ISU, a number of players (mostly WR) were dumbfounded by the unwillingness to throw vertically. Willies was one of the names I was given. It was summarily dismissed despite coming from a player's parent.

I posted a hint of this after ISU, a number of players (mostly WR) were dumbfounded by the unwillingness to throw vertically. Willies was one of the names I was given. It was summarily dismissed despite coming from a player's parent.

Why worry about it until/unless it comes to happen? I have heard over the years many of these supposed unhappy player transferring stuff. The last one was last year that Powell was upset how little he was used and was leaving. The one thing I don't do is share the rumors on this site, as most of them turn out to be false.

Plus even if he is unhappy with this year, you can totally sell him on getting all of KMM catches if you just work hard, etc. KMM gets 5-6 catches a game and probably 7-9 targets a game, plus staying gets you 3 years of solid playing time, transferring gets you 2 years after sitting out yet another year

Willies seems to catch everything he can get his hands on, seems to have above avg speed and a great frame.

We saw at Pitt or Purdue that he missed a signal or audible to a 'go' route right by the goal line. Maybe he still makes some mental mistakes in practice and maybe some in games.

Those mental mistakes in the passing game lead to int's and maybe pick 6s.

Look at King's pick 6 against Indiana, the analyst John Congemi made a good point that the receiver drifted to the sideline instead of coming back for the ball and cutting off King. The QB gets the bad stat but the int was on both players.

DeanVogs is right that just wait because Willies has to know he has 3 years with some above avg QBs and an above avg pass blocking line at Iowa. And there are a lot of good receivers now so he has the chance to excel at Iowa.

Question on the Defensive Line..........Faith Ekakitie. Has he seen the field recently? Perhaps I've missed him, but
I know that Jaleel J was rotating againt Indiana.
Also, I saw today that Louis Trinca-Passat leads all BigTEN Def Linemen in tackles, currently. LTP is one tough hombre

Faith Ekakitie was on the participation list for IU.

Also, I read the LTP is 3rd nationally w/tackles for DTs

Why worry about it until/unless it comes to happen? I have heard over the years many of these supposed unhappy player transferring stuff. The last one was last year that Powell was upset how little he was used and was leaving. The one thing I don't do is share the rumors on this site, as most of them turn out to be false.

Plus even if he is unhappy with this year, you can totally sell him on getting all of KMM catches if you just work hard, etc. KMM gets 5-6 catches a game and probably 7-9 targets a game, plus staying gets you 3 years of solid playing time, transferring gets you 2 years after sitting out yet another year

I agree that he should stay and will benefit by doing so. But IIRC VandeBerg was in the same class with him and has been getting more luv from the coaches since the get go. I think he'll stay and the coaches will eventually figure things out. At least it's not the Keenan Davis story all over again where we burnt his redshirt for basically no reason.

Latest posts