Derrick Willies

DeereHawk75

I just checked the depth chart, and Willies is listed in the two deeps for the Indiana game. I did not see him play at all, and did not see him the week before. Love to see when Willies, Powell, and Smith are one the field at the same time.

Last edited:
Thought they said he was injured or not feeling well for the Indiana game? Can't remember where I heard that though...

Ferentz said he got dinged up on Tuesday or Wednesday of last week. He did say he should be good to go for the upcoming game so it must not have been serious.

Hopefully he spends this recovery time with his nose buried in the playbook.

I always thought CJB was practicing in a package with one set of WR's and Jake with another. I assumed Willies and another freshmen were working with CJB because he is younger, or their game matches up better, or they are just lower on the depth chart. Anyway, if you wanted to know why CJB struggled, look at the WR's he was playing with on Saturday.

I always thought CJB was practicing in a package with one set of WR's and Jake with another. I assumed Willies and another freshmen were working with CJB because he is younger, or their game matches up better, or they are just lower on the depth chart. Anyway, if you wanted to know why CJB struggled, look at the WR's he was playing with on Saturday.

It was KMM 's fault CJ missed him by a combine 6 yards on two uncontested passes?

Gester, Im not disagreeing but how do you know that. They wernt on the same page but could it be as the OP says they haven't practiced togather ?

Gester, Im not disagreeing but how do you know that. They wernt on the same page but could it be as the OP says they haven't practiced togather ?

I would give CJ the benefit of the doubt if it was one pass or not KMM.

KMM can run that route in his sleep.

OP is also talking about two deeps for last week's game. Who knows? He's listed for Maryland.

This is what I saw posted elsewhere for Maryland...

MD2deep.jpg

What occurs to me when I look it that two deep: 4 Smith on the top line. So far as I can tell he catches everything. He's fast. Has body. Has attitude.
I'd like to see what happens if he gets 12-15 targets in a game. Never gonna happen but I wonder if he's better than McNutt.

Latest posts