Derrell Johnson-Koulianos

J10Hawk

Thank You.
You played your butt off.
You showed tremendous heart, you showed fire.
You lived up to the MPOD name that you created.
Heck of a game today. yes football is not an individual sport but you stood out today.
Gonna hate to see this guy go.

Hope to see the same in the Bowl game.

Thanks for being a Hawk.

I dont know all of what has put him in the doghouse...but unless he is dividing the team, sometimes you have to let stars be stars. John Freaking Wooden once said that not all players are treated equal.

Sometimes you have to admit that you are older, and dont get the younger crowd...and let a player be a player.

I could not agree with you more. Whats funny is he was punished by the coaches for who knows what and he still came out and played his butt off. He has always been a pleasure to watch and in such a negative season/game he was a positive. DJK!

Might be best for him to just hire the combine prep team right now and start getting ready for the next level. Why put up with these coaches anymore? I mean it isn't like they are going to help you get to the next level.

Easily going to be the senior I miss the most. He's a GREAT guy, and he plays hard. He's done some things on the field that didn't sit well with me (throwing up his arms after one of Stanzi's picks against IU last year), but overall he's been a gamer.

His performance today was a great example of that. Doesn't get the start for whatever reason, and comes out and still looks like one of two guys that WANTED to be out there (Coker was the other).

I liked the shove he gave on that PI play. That was bush league, and DJ showed some fire there. That showed everytime he had the ball in his hands or the camera on him. He was chomping at the bit for each play.

I dont know all of what has put him in the doghouse...but unless he is dividing the team, sometimes you have to let stars be stars. John Freaking Wooden once said that not all players are treated equal.

Sometimes you have to admit that you are older, and dont get the younger crowd...and let a player be a player.

agreed 100%

Thank you for showing up today DJK. He was one of the only guys out there that seemed to care. I truly thought he'd light the team up after the PI play. I love the fire and passion that guys shows. He's a hawk through and through. If you question it, you weren't there on senior day.
Gonna miss that guy.

DJK and Reisner will be sorely missed. I'm ready for Stanzi to move on.
I agree and I believe they are the biggest losses of the season. Reisner will be missed more then people think. Herman may be just as good as Reisner in the passing game but not anywhere close in the blocking game. Saw a couple times today where he missed a blitz pickup or just had poor blocking.

I'm not ready for Stanzi to move on. He's a good QB. The playcalling leaves a lot to be desired however. Case in point; Iowa has the ball with the lead and they first try running into a nine man front. Minny loaded the box. I'm sorry, I don't care how well you execute, your chances of gaining positive yardage is meek. The next play is a two tightend set with Keenan Davis on the outside. A fade route is called in that situation, which is a terrible play call. The next call on third down is what turned out to be all receivers running curl routes to the sticks with the lone exception being McNutt running across the field well short of the first down. Those are "safe" atrocious play calls. Playing no to lose instead of playing to win. Why not let the 5 year senior QB take a 5 to 7 step drop and throw the ball down the field. Again, I'll miss Stanzi, but not the play calling.

Thank you for showing up today DJK. He was one of the only guys out there that seemed to care. I truly thought he'd light the team up after the PI play. I love the fire and passion that guys shows. He's a hawk through and through. If you question it, you weren't there on senior day.
Gonna miss that guy.

He was fired up and intense from the word go today. The look on his face after both of his touchdowns was almost scary. No big grins. Just a look that seemed to say "Get me the f*cking ball again, and watch me get the job done." It would have been nice to see that kind of fire in the eyes of a few more guys. Coker, Reisner, and Klug were the only other guys that I could look at and say "THEY showed up to play".

Stanzi and DJK will both be missed, to think otherwise is merely a little too much emotion after lethargic loss to a mediocre rival to our north...tough to swallow, but both of these guys have had AWESOME careers at Iowa, just wish today would have been a better note to go out on

I agree I love me some DJK! Plays with most fire on the team! Time for KF to erase the depth chart he has on his white board and open up the competition

And KF's reasoning for not starting DJK was "Sandeman had a better week of practice." I think KF and his fat cat salary underestimate this fanbase...We're not as dumb as we look.

Latest posts