Derby transfers to where?

K-State would be an interesting fit for Derby. Collin Klein, who is very similar in size to Derby, threw the ball less than 300 times for the Wildcats this year and was the leading rusher in their option attack. I see him moving down to an FCS school and playing right away, but if he wants to stick with the BCS level, that could be an option.

Unless Derby turned into a drop back passer who is willing to run the seven plays given him by KOK, then he was never going to be QB at Iowa. Too much risk to have an agile QB running the team. Last time we had one, we ended up in the Orange Bowl...but letting another QB like that run the team is just too risky for our staff. Instead we have a QB who plays pretty well at home and is scared to death on the road. At least he knows the seven plays that KOK likes to run.

According to Pat Hardy it's Coffeeville Community College in Kansas to play QB

I saw this as well. I'm guessing this means he will end up at Kansas State or possibly Nebraska. Nebraska may be a good option for him because he would play at JUCO next season and then fill in the void Taylor Martinez leaves.

Latest posts