Derby Suspended Two Games

so you recommended that we wait until he is a starter and then punish him?

trust me, your young backup QB missing two games is punishment...both to him and the team. i think most people figured this would be a one-gamer.

so you recommended that we wait until he is a starter and then punish him?

trust me, your young backup QB missing two games is punishment...both to him and the team. i think most people figured this would be a one-gamer.

No but suspending players who weren't going to play isn't much of a punishment. You have to do it for media purposes but if he doesn't lose his #2 status it really doesn't matter.

Like I said, it's the running, etc that the coaches will make him do that will be the real punishment. That's how you punish players who aren't likely to see the field (and you want to keep on the team)

It would suck if JVB and Weinke suffered a minor injury and they had to burn Rudocks red shirt becasuse of Derby's actions.

Well wouldnt Ruddock just redshirt next year then since we have the same QBs in front of him

Well, it wouldn't be Hawkeye football season without some rowdy drunken shenanigans by a top-tier player.

Par for the course.

Perhaps we should change the intro song from Back in Black to Have A Drink On Me.

his mugshot from that night has Linebacker written all over it:

A.J. Derby Suspended Two Games, Has A Fantastic Mug Shot - Black Heart Gold Pants

Derby-Alexander-John-DOB-09-20-1991_medium.jpg

Yeah. Guilty. Busted. Whatever.

Look the part y'all.

We all knew someone would get busted it was just a matter of time.I realize the police and the town council forget this is a College town, they don't have any time for people busting the law,remember the police shutting down a kids lemonade stand because they didn't have a permit.A.J. will do his time and learn from it.

Jon
To me this is a minor penalty for AJ. As a QB on a D-1 team he is to be the leader of our offense. He should of gotten more.

Agreed. And when he comes back he starts at the bottom of the depth chart. For a young man who refused to switch positions and then successfully worked hard to become the back up quarterback, positioning himself to be the next man in should something happen to the starter, this was a friggin stupid move. The coaches need to have supreme confidence in their quarterbacks; this emptied his trust account, it seems to me.

Of all the kids that should know better... Good thing suspending a 2nd stringer who is more then likely not going to see the field isn't a big deal for the team. If your a coach how can that not **** you off to no end. Between his brother and all the stories he's had to have heard over the years how can he be that stupid. I would be a terrible coach cause I have zero patience for this sort of thing. I'd probably kick him off. I probably wouldn't have much of a team tho either haha.

Agreed. And when he comes back he starts at the bottom of the depth chart. For a young man who refused to switch positions and then successfully worked hard to become the back up quarterback, positioning himself to be the next man in should something happen to the starter, this was a friggin stupid move. The coaches need to have supreme confidence in their quarterbacks; this emptied his trust account, it seems to me.
How do you know he refused? Just asking.

It seems like a fair punishment. There's almost certainly going to be other behind the scenes punishment (someone mentioned running steps etc). I know when James got into trouble he had to work at the Ronald McDonald house during games at Kinnick so he'd know what he was missing.

Call me crazy but I kinda like the fact that Derby offered to pay for the window. It sounds stupid but at least he used some manners after getting into a fight and punching a window. LOL

I think the 2 games is message being sent as well by KF, obviously these are college kids and are going to do things in college that normal students will do, but as a football player you have to be smarter and not put yourself in those positions, 1 game does seem to get the message across so 2 games now and hopefully the younger players will think twice next time.

Latest posts