Depth chart released

We won’t see duece this year unless both get hurt but I agree. Let the Duece loose!! Padilla needs to start. But they have to be willing to make a change if necessary this is a MUST win. And here’s hoping Moss and others are back. D needs to be great as does the crowd. Go hawks!!

The QB situation was handled the correct and smart way.​

1) It lists Padilla as the starter. He earned it.
2) By inserting Deuce as the backup, any ‘QB controversy’ between Padilla & Petras is eliminated for the rest of the week. (And Deuce can believe for at least 1 week that as a RS Fr, he’s the backup QB at Iowa.)
3) This makes it appear Padilla is the starter due to Petras’ injury — whether that’s the case or not. KF is no dummy, and this allows him to hedge his bets: if Padilla stinks it up — a real possibility — he can say he didn’t have any choice in who to start. (However, if you think Deuce is going to come in if Padilla gets hurt, I’ve got some great ocean-front real estate to sell you down by Newton.)
4) Padilla gets most of the reps with the #1 starters this week — also a good thing.
The suggestion that Petras worsened his injured shoulder by throwing 4 passes in the NW game is doubtful, of course, but by handling things this way fans are happy, the players are probably happy, and Iowa’s chances for victory increase.

Somebody will likely walk at the end of the year. Petras, Hogan or Padilla at least one of those dudes will be gone by Spring ball.
Honest question because maybe I’m just not as in depth a fan as others but why would Hogan potentially walk? Was he assuming he’d be above the depth chart this year over Padilla and backup?

Honest question because maybe I’m just not as in depth a fan as others but why would Hogan potentially walk? Was he assuming he’d be above the depth chart this year over Padilla and backup?
He's been behind Petras and Padilla since he got here, and it looks like Padilla is the guy after Petras

Petras has 2 years left after this one if he chooses to use his covid year, and Padilla has 3 years left (again, if he chooses to use the coivd year). Why would Hogan stay if he's lost out twice to Padilla and looks to be behind him for next year?

I disagree that KF is playing depth chart games and Petras really is the backup. Did you see the two outs that Petras threw Saturday? He skipped both. His arm is fucked up and needs some time to heal. That kids only positive attribute as a college QB is arm strength. Without that, he is no better than Rob Howe out there.

I think Hogan comes in if Padilla goes down.

(I look forward to that Ocean front property)

Out of curiosity where does the 3rd string QB sit in terms of talent level? It's a well known fact around here that the backup QB is always the better talent then the starter, but what does that mean for the 3rd stringer? Does that mean he's considerably the better talent than both the players in front of him or at 3rd string is he actually the 3rd best QB on the roster?

Just curious as to what to expect Saturday?

If you listen carefully, you can hear the sound of HN collectively popping an enormous erection.
Well I honestly wanted to see what Padilla can do with a little more experience and get more reps with the starters. So this will make the game a little more interesting to watch.

I suspect we will see him running for his life several times. Let’s see how he does under a little bit of pressure against a better defense than Northwestern. I wish him the best just as I for all the Iowa QB’s regardless of who is starting.

Would love to see the offensive line come together and start to mature and gel. Would love to see Iowa finish 10-2. Would love to see Goodson rack up over one hundred yards again, would love to see the defense add to their interception totals. Would love to see Wisconsin stumble and lose a game or two.

I disagree that KF is playing depth chart games and Petras really is the backup. Did you see the two outs that Petras threw Saturday? He skipped both. His arm is fucked up and needs some time to heal. That kids only positive attribute as a college QB is arm strength. Without that, he is no better than Rob Howe out there.

I think Hogan comes in if Padilla goes down.

(I look forward to that Ocean front property)
Can Rob play offensive line?

2) By inserting Deuce as the backup, any ‘QB controversy’ between Padilla & Petras is eliminated for the rest of the week. (And Deuce can believe for at least 1 week that as a RS Fr, he’s the backup QB at Iowa.)
3) This makes it appear Padilla is the starter due to Petras’ injury — whether that’s the case or not. KF is no dummy, and this allows him to hedge his bets: if Padilla stinks it up — a real possibility — he can say he didn’t have any choice in who to start. (However, if you think Deuce is going to come in if Padilla gets hurt, I’ve got some great ocean-front real estate to sell you down by Newton.)
4) Padilla gets most of the reps with the #1 starters this week — also a good thing.
The suggestion that Petras worsened his injured shoulder by throwing 4 passes in the NW game is doubtful, of course, but by handling things this way fans are happy, the players are probably happy, and Iowa’s chances for victory increase.
Well we'll have a better idea of that if Petras suits up or not. KF has said he's out so I would assume he's not playing no matter what. With him not being on depth chart atm that to me means he probably isn't suiting up and the Duece will be # 2

My hope is Padilla plays well Hawks win and it's his job going forward. If that happens my guess is Petras bails and looks for somewhere out west closer to home to go. I could be wrong but that's what I'd bet on if I had to.

Or you could be reading way the hell too much into this.

Out of curiosity where does the 3rd string QB sit in terms of talent level? It's a well known fact around here that the backup QB is always the better talent then the starter, but what does that mean for the 3rd stringer? Does that mean he's considerably the better talent than both the players in front of him or at 3rd string is he actually the 3rd best QB on the roster?

Just curious as to what to expect Saturday?
Based on ranking vs performance it would suggest Deuce is the best of the bunch!