Dear Dana White

This is what I was referencing, Super. As much as we would all like to see a Silva vs. Gsp or Jones vs. Silva it won't happen. IMO

Jones comes in at 6'4", 230 lbs and cuts to 205. That is why he is more likely to move up a class than Silva IMO.

Also, Henderson is pretty tough and a good wrestler to boot. He could be a test for Jones, as we have yet to see Jones on his back (Before last night had spent a total of 12 seconds on his back his entire UFC career). If Henderson can get him down (easier said than done) who knows what could happen.

Jones comes in at 6'4", 230 lbs and cuts to 205. That is why he is more likely to move up a class than Silva IMO.

Also, Henderson is pretty tough and a good wrestler to boot. He could be a test for Jones, as we have yet to see Jones on his back (Before last night had spent a total of 12 seconds on his back his entire UFC career). If Henderson can get him down (easier said than done) who knows what could happen.

Henderson was able to take Silva down in their fight. Another aspect that could help Henderson is his striking power. The only fight Jones has really been tagged was the fight against Machida. He was able to recover, but it will be interesting if Henderson blasts him then takes him down will Jones be able to handle the situation.

One things that stands out to me is Greg Jackson basically chose Jones over Rashad. He clearly saw more talent in Jones and left a guy who at the time was on his way to the UFC title. Leads me to believe Jones, like Silve, like GSP, will dominate his division and rarely be truly tested.

I would love to have seen a primed Couture vs Jones. I would like to see how Jones handles the constant pressure Couture would have applied.

Henderson has dynamite in his right hand, and the way uses it (unorthodox over hand right) might be able to catch Jones and if he is stun at all, Henderson's superior wrestling might be able to beat Jones.

With that said, Jones' reach will never allow Henderson to get close to landing the right and Jones will win a dominating UD.

BREAKING NEWS

Jones will defend his title against Ron Artest

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEG8DOSMMTw]Ron Artest VIOLENTLY Elbows Harden & Ejected || Lakers vs Thunder || April 22 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Total compliment...going back to something Basabe was referencing during the BBall season...I'll try to find it...that being said, I probably STILL used it wrong...

Edit: I did use it wrong...going by memory I thought it meant a slick style...it's means "friend"...
Basabe brings ?Slime Movement? to Iowa City - The Daily Iowan

That being said, Jones is the baddest man on the planet right now and still has room for improvement and I love watching him fight.

Thanks for Clarifying. I agree. I watched UFC lastnight just because of Jones.

Those elbows he landed especially in the 2nd were incredible.

Is this some form of a compliment or are you saying he isn't a good person? I've been pretty impressed every time I've seen Jones interviewed. He seems like a humble guy who has worked damn hard for what he has. I'm not sure why you would say he is slime, unless you just don't like him because you lost money on him or something.

There are some who suggest that he is a phoney, a fake. The humility, being humble, some see it as an act. I do not know if it is true or not, he does have a bit of a arrogant streak, but you almost need it at that level.

I would love to have seen a primed Couture vs Jones. I would like to see how Jones handles the constant pressure Couture would have applied. Henderson has dynamite in his right hand, and the way uses it (unorthodox over hand right) might be able to catch Jones and if he is stun at all, Henderson's superior wrestling might be able to beat Jones.With that said, Jones' reach will never allow Henderson to get close to landing the right and Jones will win a dominating UD.

I dont honestly see anyone that can challenge Jones in the LHW division, he can neutralize any fighters strength, Henderson's power, meet Jones' reach. Rashad's wrestling, meet Jones' wrestling and reach. I thought the guy who would give him the hardest test was Machida because he is so awkward and unorthodox, but we saw how that turned out. I think Henderson will give him a decent fight because Hendo has an iron chin, but Jones will still win. Next challenge for Jones has to be HW or Anderson Silva.

Jones is 205, light heavyweight. Silva is 185, so I think you might be confused.

Jones is already supposed to fight Henderson and Silva has Sonnen. I think Silva will beat Sonnen then he will/should fight GSP.

So is GSP moving up or Silva moving down? Silva has already fought as a light heavyweight on several occasions a jones/silva fight seems more likely to me than a GSP/Silva fight, imo. In 2013 we are going to get a super fight involving Anderson Silva the opponent remains to be seen.

As for Henderson/Jones, Jones has a 84" wingspan I do not see how Henderson overcomes that. Silva's length and flexibility is how he overcame Henderson's wrestling skill. Yes, Henderson has power in his hands, great on his back, but how do you attack someone with Jones's length?

Jones is 205, light heavyweight. Silva is 185, so I think you might be confused.Jones is already supposed to fight Henderson and Silva has Sonnen. I think Silva will beat Sonnen then he will/should fight GSP.
So is GSP moving up or Silva moving down? Silva has already fought as a light heavyweight on several occasions a jones/silva fight seems more likely to me than a GSP/Silva fight, imo. In 2013 we are going to get a super fight involving Anderson Silva the opponent remains to be seen.As for Henderson/Jones, Jones has a 84" wingspan I do not see how Henderson overcomes that. Silva's length and flexibility is how he overcame Henderson's wrestling skill. Yes, Henderson has power in his hands, great on his back, but how do you attack someone with Jones's length?

The Silva/GSP fight would be at a catch weight, not sure what weight, but its the fight that everyone has wanted for a long time. I agree with you that a Jones/Silva fight makes complete sense.

Also, did I read somewhere online that Silva doesn't want to fight much longer? Maybe I'm mistaken.

The Silva/GSP fight would be at a catch weight, not sure what weight, but its the fight that everyone has wanted for a long time. I agree with you that a Jones/Silva fight makes complete sense.

Also, did I read somewhere online that Silva doesn't want to fight much longer? Maybe I'm mistaken.

Silva is a freak of nature athlete, but he is in his mid 30's once your skills erode, they erode pretty quickly ask Chuck Lidell. So if he is thinking about stepping away in a couple years it would not surprise me.

Latest posts