Dear Baseball Gods...

I like the Yankees to win their 28th this year. You can't sell your sole to win when George is calling the shots from above (or below depending on your point of view).

I like the Yankees to win their 28th this year. You can't sell your sole to win when George is calling the shots from above (or below depending on your point of view).

George is watching from below for this one, no doubt about it. ;)

I'm using my 1000th post to congratulate the Giants on their series win against Atlanta. As a buddy told me today, and I quote, "Your fault, you made Bobby Cox cry". My response, "Why yes, yes I did". ;)

It was nice seeing the Giants honor Bobby Cox after the game yesterday and while I hate the Braves just about as much as I hate the Dodgers (1993 = :mad:) Cox has had an amazing career.

Now to serious business... If the Giants play the way they did against the Braves, they have no chance at beating Philly. Hopefully they can channel JoBoo and wake their bats up. They also need to limit the boneheaded plays in the field. Some some things that made me cringe and yell at the television. It's a good thing that my kids have been in bed when these games have been on or else they would have learned some new words.

joboo.JPG
Well, 2 out of 3 steps out of the way for the Giants. Congrats! And, good luck in the WS.

Sometimes prayers are answered!

I have never felt the way I did last night, I screamed and yelled and jumped around like a person posessed, and as I was talking to my Dad back in California we both got choked up when talking about the season that was. My only regret about this post season was that I didn't get to watch a game with him, he felt the same way. I'm still emotional a day later. I never want this feeling to end!

CA_OT.jpg

Sometimes prayers are answered!

I have never felt the way I did last night, I screamed and yelled and jumped around like a person posessed, and as I was talking to my Dad back in California we both got choked up when talking about the season that was. My only regret about this post season was that I didn't get to watch a game with him, he felt the same way. I'm still emotional a day later. I never want this feeling to end!

CA_OT.jpg

Feel the exact same way. My father is a Giants fan as well. I did choked up and came very close to losing it until my wife walked in. After the Wilson K to end it. I sat in stunned silience. I can't believe it and still can't.

I lived in San Diego for 6 years prior to moving back to the midwest, my father arranged for us to go to San Fran to take in a Giants game at Candlestick. What a great 2 days that was took in a night and day game. Never forget sitting in Candlestick with my father.

Last night was such and awesome feeling.

Last edited:
I agree boys! What a feeling! You never know how you're going to react when something like that FINALLY happens! I didn't even get up out of my couch. I didn't scream, i just kinda sat there and couldn't quit saying "I can't believe it!". I couldn't stop thinking about Will Clark. I am forever indebted to Will the Thrill for making me a giants fan at 10 years old. It took me exactly one game to watch that AMAZING swing, the eye black, the bat waggle, the eye black, and that seemingly F you attitude and I was hooked. Nobody has reminded me of Will Clark until this year watching Buster Posey and the way he plays the game.

Thank you Giants! Thank you Will Clark!