DeAndre Johnson coming back?

BonanzaHawk

I have a friend who plays football at Ellsworth and has actually become friends with DeAndre, and I was talking with him about how DeAndre apparently hasn't played this year because of an "injury," but he says it's quietly understood that his not playing isn't an injury, but is directly related to him playing elsewhere next year. That part is not surprising. What is, however, is what he said when I asked him where he was going to go. I asked my friend who DJ has been hearing from, and he said Nebraska and Iowa are the big ones, to which I responded "Well I doubt Ferentz is going to take him back," which was when he told me that once Barkley Hill went down, Iowa contacted DeAndre and told him they wanted him back on full scholarship.

Whether you guys buy it or not, I just wanted to share what I learned with others who would care about it. For what it's worth, I trust my friend.

No idea but if were me: I would use the scholarship on a Junior college linebacker or DE.

No offense to you and your source, but I don't put much faith in this bit of scuttlebutt.
Why would KF bring him back? We have several backs, who are either proven/partially proven/or potentials. Why would the coaches spend time and a scholly on someone who has had an opportunity and wasted it?

Since the OP felt confident enough to use le bold font while making his bold assertion, I 100% believe it.
DeAndre will start vs nebruska Friday.
#bookit

I don't believe this to be true, but we wouldn't want him back. He had his chances to play and made no impact. He was behind Canzeri on the depth chart then and would be further down the list now.

No idea but if were me: I would use the scholarship on a Junior college linebacker or DE.

Wish Iowa would use 3 or 4 scholly's on JC players. 1st of all a dual threat QB ala Brad Banks and on a couple of wide outs ala CJ Jones's. I wish Kirk would send a recruiter or 2 to the Mississippi, Alabama and Florida JCs every year. No reason why Iowa can't recruit, develop, graduate and win with some of these kids.

Sokol is a JUCO QB, with these players as DE's in the 2 deeps
Ott will be a SO 6'4 245
Spears will be a RSSO 6'2 255
Alvis will be a RSSR 6'4 265
4* Ekakitie will be a RSFR 6'3 265-285 by different reports
Vencus will be a RSFR 6'5 245
McMinn will be a RSSO 6'7 255
Tsopinidas will be a RSSO 6'2 245
that's 7 DE's all have good size for the position
as for DT we have
4* Cooper RSSO 6'2 280
Davis RSJR 6'5 310
Hardy RSJR 6'5 270 LBS. could play DE
LTP RSJR 6'3 270 another that could play DE
4* Johnson will be a RSFR 6'4 300
Nonev of these players will be SR's next year, this class has 2 DT's in Bazata and Gressel one is 6'2 275 the other is 6'2 285, as for another DE, Boetger out of CF could be either a TE or DE, 6'5 220 4.6 40..
SORRY but I just don't see the need for JUCO'S like some of you clamor for,,
what do you want 6-7 QB'S on this team
Sokol RSJR JUCO transfer
Rudock RSSO hs
Beathard RSFR
Shimonek a freshman that will RS
as for LBS, we will have 3 SR 's next year backing them up this year is
Perry RSSO 6'3 235
Alston JR 6'1 224
Fischer RSSO 6'2 218
Came in this past spring
Meier redshirting 6'2 235
Taylor RS 6'0 205
Committed but not signed
4* by 247 Young 6'4 220
Kenny 6'2 210
that's 10 by my count on the roster

and for the record they do recruit JUCO's
they tried to recruit a DT LAST year but he went to ASU
this year they recruited a couple others one a DE that just commited to Nebraska, and are still working on a 4* WR out of a Miss JUCO.s
its nice to want them but getting them to come here is a different thing

I have a friend who plays football at Ellsworth and has actually become friends with DeAndre, and I was talking with him about how DeAndre apparently hasn't played this year because of an "injury," but he says it's quietly understood that his not playing isn't an injury, but is directly related to him playing elsewhere next year. That part is not surprising. What is, however, is what he said when I asked him where he was going to go. I asked my friend who DJ has been hearing from, and he said Nebraska and Iowa are the big ones, to which I responded "Well I doubt Ferentz is going to take him back," which was when he told me that once Barkley Hill went down, Iowa contacted DeAndre and told him they wanted him back on full scholarship.

Whether you guys buy it or not, I just wanted to share what I learned with others who would care about it. For what it's worth, I trust my friend.

Yeah this makes no sense, he already redshirted in 2010 so it wouldn't matter if he played for Ellsworth or not this year, he would still lose a year regardless if he plays or not.

Haven't heard this but I have heard another former Hawkeye that went the JC route will be rejoining the team as an athlete

Why would Nebraska want him? Why would he sit this year, he already redshirted? Why would Iowa suddenly call Deandre when Hill got hurt?

The original post is very fishy.

Sokol is a JUCO QB, with these players as DE's in the 2 deeps
Ott will be a SO 6'4 245
Spears will be a RSSO 6'2 255
Alvis will be a RSSR 6'4 265
4* Ekakitie will be a RSFR 6'3 265-285 by different reports
Vencus will be a RSFR 6'5 245
McMinn will be a RSSO 6'7 255
Tsopinidas will be a RSSO 6'2 245
that's 7 DE's all have good size for the position
as for DT we have
4* Cooper RSSO 6'2 280
Davis RSJR 6'5 310
Hardy RSJR 6'5 270 LBS. could play DE
LTP RSJR 6'3 270 another that could play DE
4* Johnson will be a RSFR 6'4 300
Nonev of these players will be SR's next year, this class has 2 DT's in Bazata and Gressel one is 6'2 275 the other is 6'2 285, as for another DE, Boetger out of CF could be either a TE or DE, 6'5 220 4.6 40..
SORRY but I just don't see the need for JUCO'S like some of you clamor for,,
what do you want 6-7 QB'S on this team
Sokol RSJR JUCO transfer
Rudock RSSO hs
Beathard RSFR
Shimonek a freshman that will RS
as for LBS, we will have 3 SR 's next year backing them up this year is
Perry RSSO 6'3 235
Alston JR 6'1 224
Fischer RSSO 6'2 218
Came in this past spring
Meier redshirting 6'2 235
Taylor RS 6'0 205
Committed but not signed
4* by 247 Young 6'4 220
Kenny 6'2 210
that's 10 by my count on the roster

Exactly... Good post Zabel

le me when I read tha post.
[video=youtube;D7KSkZxt_zo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7KSkZxt_zo[/video]

Zabel: You realize your list is a lot of the problem. You list a lot at DL. Only three of those guys look B1G level recruits from a physical standpoint and only one has played, and he STILL needs to get stronger. We have no idea if the other two can play. They couls both end up being Carl Davis clones. You could have posted a similar list before this year. Just because there are bodies does not mean the bodies are good enough to be successful in the B1G.

Wish Iowa would use 3 or 4 scholly's on JC players. 1st of all a dual threat QB ala Brad Banks and on a couple of wide outs ala CJ Jones's. I wish Kirk would send a recruiter or 2 to the Mississippi, Alabama and Florida JCs every year. No reason why Iowa can't recruit, develop, graduate and win with some of these kids.

I will buy the QB need. But we may have someone who can handle the position now. What we need are two starters - one at the Mike & one at safety. For Morris & Miller cannot tackle. They just can't. And they won't be able to learn how. They need replaced ASAP.

Latest posts