DEACON HILL 2-0 AS A STARTER

okeefe4prez

Give this kid props, 2-0 as a starter with a great game to close out Sparty, a great game to beat our heated rival Purdue, and a freaking win at Camp Randall. I saw it the moment he took the pill and knew he was gonna be the man. The kid has the look of a winner. Is he going to hoist a CFP National Championship Trophy? Maybe not, but this kid is a stud Iowa QB nonetheless. The kid trusts the damned system and knows his limitations. That is all we need right now.

Classic OK4P. Is he trolling? Absolutely. There is such a gigantic nugget of truth in what he is saying, however, that I just shrug my shoulders…I can’t f*ck with it.

The Baltimore Ravens won the Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer. In our modern society it's really hard to find guys who understand their role who can waltz in there and be a game manager. It's really hard to find a QB who can be comfortable as part of a team where he's about the 5th most important guy on the field when acolytes are rained upon the freaking fullback and guard. This kid has a rare combination of profound humility and a burning desire to win. I loved Petras, I love this kid. Do I wish they each had a touch more mobility and talent? Yeah, but they have nothing to work with and their attitudes are the attitudes that are really hard to find in youngsters nowadays where everyone wants to be the man.

So do you think the coaches are thinking about pulling Hill for Labas? How many more 6 for 21 games can Hill have before he gets pulled? That's far worse than Alex "what's the upside?" Padilla.

I predict if Hill lays another egg against Minn, then Labas will be starting after the bye week.

Deacon has a genius level intellect. He can see exactly how many yards and completions he needs to win and calibrates his effort to that number. Really remarkable.
For some reason, I just like that cat. I think he's the perfect guy for this situation and challenges that Iowa has at this time. I'm a Hill fan for sure. Kill it Hill!!

So do you think the coaches are thinking about pulling Hill for Labas? How many more 6 for 21 games can Hill have before he gets pulled? That's far worse than Alex "what's the upside?" Padilla.

I predict if Hill lays another egg against Minn, then Labas will be starting after the bye week.
You don't get it. It's not about going 6 for 21 at all. It's about not consistently turning the ball over and it's about managing the game. That is what it is all about.

There’s a decent chance any of us could have QB’d iowa to two wins in the last two games. Take snap, turn around, hand off. Easy peasy!

They only care about wins.

There’s a decent chance any of us could have QB’d iowa to two wins in the last two games. Take snap, turn around, hand off. Easy peasy!

Should Deacon receive credit for a tackle, as after he handed the ball to Williams I believe, he tripped him up and Williams went down immediately. Just curious how that shows in the stats line.

It's obvious we're not designed to win depending on peerless QB play.

It's throwback. Embrace it.

You don't get it. It's not about going 6 for 21 at all. It's about not consistently turning the ball over and it's about managing the game. That is what it is all about.
His int. and should have been int. plus add the fumble he luckily covered, it is all about ball security for sure. He definitely deserves to start. Joey or Marco would probable turn it over 10 or 15 times a game.

His int. and should have been int. plus add the fumble he luckily covered, it is all about ball security for sure. He definitely deserves to start. Joey or Marco would probable turn it over 10 or 15 times a game.
Deacon Hill is 23-62 262 .371 completion rate, 2TDs and 2 Interceptions. That's a 4.2 YPA. That's his three non-garbage time games. That is worse than Padilla.

I think it's time to move to Labas and exploit his mobility. At least give teams something they haven't seen from Iowa. There is a lot new things Iowa could do with a more mobile athletic QB.

I wish... I mean that's logical. But so would not having BF as your OC. Or having Petras start for 3 yrs. Or having Hill play as much as he has already as bad as he is without having gone to Labas or Lainez or hell even DeJean. So my best guess is no matter how bad Hill is if he's healthy he's playing every snap. If he goes 3 for 15 with 4 interceptions than maybe he gets yanked. But if he's not turning it over excessively he'll stay in there.

Wins are wins. He did what he was asked to do. Let's not forget he is down to his 4th string TEs and a receiving corp that has dropped more passes than caught since he took over the job.

He did not lose the game and that is all KF needed him to do. I won't offered veiled criticism for the kid doing his job, however unspectacular it was.

My only complaint is I want to see the kid run some sneaks and a QB draw. Let that tank roll over someone!!

Wins are wins. He did what he was asked to do. Let's not forget he is down to his 4th string TEs and a receiving corp that has dropped more passes than caught since he took over the job.

He did not lose the game and that is all KF needed him to do. I won't offered veiled criticism for the kid doing his job, however unspectacular it was.

My only complaint is I want to see the kid run some sneaks and a QB draw. Let that tank roll over someone!!

That, xir, is what worries me. We haven't seen it much yet. I don't know if Brian doesn't trust Deacon or if maybe he's worried about the guards. If I was OC it would be a staple. Like I'd plan to run a straight up sneak at least 8 times a game to try to get them to protect the inside and open up the outside. You go empty backfield on first down and run a sneak and I think it would be almost impossible not to get 4-6 yards given how big Deacon is. Brian is gonna really have to fight in the gutter for yards from here on out and I think that kid could get 50 cheap yards a game if we were strategic with it. It could also open up the passing game if they commit to stopping it. Maybe an alternative is that he's worried about Deacon getting hurt in the scrum.

Latest posts