DC Opening

Marc Morehouse tweeted some interesting Ferentz quotes earlier today:

"Football coaches aren't hatched, they don't fall out of the sky." -- Kirk Ferentz in 2000

"There's nothing more important than the chemistry of our staff, because that's going to affect the chemistry of our football team. I'd rather move too slowly than too quickly at this stage." -- Ferentz in '98 while building his first staff at Iowa.

My friend, The Shadow, tells me that they have gotten more applications than they anticipated.

Last edited by a moderator:
with this time extension going on with the position opening I highly doubt that parker has the position. I honestly think that KF is finally going to make a change that is going to be change in the program, CRAZY i know......

Come on people. You know as well as I, the reason for the extension is to put off having to talk with the press about the RB situation. By now we should know the drill. Something goes down, Iowa lets the Internet spin out of control and then at some later date after the news cycle has spun out, they issue some vague comment at an overly controlled "press" conference.

I read where the deadline for submitting resumes has been extended from Jan 11th to the 18th.

Is this an indication, that maybe KF is not going to go with Phil Parker?

If KF is planning to go with Phil Parker and the rest is just a University formality, then why extend the deadline?

does anyone actually think a position like this is filled via resume submission?

i'm sure it was a technicality of some kind - having to extend the search timeline.

My friend, The Shadow, tells me that they have gotten more applications than they anticipated.

from internet 'hok' fans, no doubt. no one applies for this position - at this level, as in any business - they find you, not vice versa. relationships, etc.

does anyone actually think a position like this is filled via resume submission?

i'm sure it was a technicality of some kind - having to extend the search timeline.

It's a government job. I've applied for a few of those before and yes, even they would have to submit a resume. Don't you remember the big scandal about the coach from I think Notre Dame who was fired for embellishing his resume? And that's a head coach position at a private school.

I doubt it's a big issue for recruits. The HC is really usually one of the main sells for recruits, sometime coordinators or position coaches have significant influence, but all the recruits knew going in that this was a possibility. I think most of them are largely going to be sold on the program as a whole and will probably not be too significantly influenced over who the DC ultimately ends up being. If anything, I think it's likely to have a more positive influence once announced than a negative. I just don't think the fact that it's unannounced is really a big concern for most of them. Guess we'll see.

I doubt it's a big issue for recruits. The HC is really usually one of the main sells for recruits, sometime coordinators or position coaches have significant influence, but all the recruits knew going in that this was a possibility. I think most of them are largely going to be sold on the program as a whole and will probably not be too significantly influe
nced over who the DC ultimately ends up being. If anything, I think it's likely to have a more positive influence once announced than a negative. I just don't think the fact that it's unannounced is really a big
concern for most of them. Guess
we'll see.

Unfortunately, if you are trying to make a decision between several choices, something as simple/major as an unknown of who your DC or segment coach will be, whom you interact with every day (even more so than head coach), this could be the tipping point to another situation that is indicating equal interest.

Unfortunately, if you are trying to make a decision between several choices, something as simple/major as an unknown of who your DC or segment coach will be, whom you interact with every day (even more so than head coach), this could be the tipping point to another situation that is indicating equal interest.

I never said it couldn't. In fact, I fully acknowledged that it could.

Latest posts