DC job posted

ICHawk24

P&S Requisition Details - Jobs@UIOWA: Search and Apply for Jobs at The University of Iowa

Position Title FOOTBALL DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR
Advertising Ends on: Wednesday, January 11th, 2012
Advertising Started on: Wednesday, December 28th, 2011
Organization: Athletics
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics

Salary: Commensurate
Pay Grade: 9

Job Details

Percent Time: 100%
Type of Position Regular: A position which is considered essential for the effective long-term operation of the university. Persons appointed to this position will receive the privileges and benefits associated with regular employment status.
Duties:

The University of Iowa Athletics Department seeks applications for the position of Football Defensive Coordinator. This is a full-time, 12-month position and includes full University benefits.

Responsibilities include supervising and coordinating defensive position coaches, developing the defensive game plan for each opponent, coaching a defensive position, recruiting-including determining eligibility of prospective student-athletes and coordinating on-campus visits, development of defensive playbook materials; handle personal counseling needs of players directly supervised; public speaking and promotion; other duties as assigned by head coach.

Education Required:

A Bachelor's degree (or international equivalent) is required
Experience Required:

Ten years Intercollegiate and/or Professional Football (or combined equivalent) of football coaching experience. Excellent technical and tactical knowledge of the sport of football; ability to recruit national caliber student-athletes. Demonstrated knowledge of the NCAA rules and a commitment to adhere to all rules and regulations of the University of Iowa, the Big Ten Conference and the NCAA. Demonstrated experience working effectively in a diverse environment; excellent written and verbal communication skills; computer software knowledge. Effective organization and administrative skills.
Desirable Qualifications:

Coordinator experience in NCAA FBS, FCS and/or Professional Football (or combined equivalent). Ability to effectively meet the development and recruiting needs of The University of Iowa football program.

Online Application Options

Application Type: This job requires basic applicant information, plus a resume. Your resume should not be sent to the contact below. The resume will be attached during the Online Application Process.
Cover Letter: A plain text cover letter is required.
References: References must be filled out online during the application process, however, only professional references will be allowed.
Number of References: 4
Driving License Required: In order to be hired for this job, you must have a valid U.S. driving license. The person(s) selected for this position will have their driving information reviewed, plus the ability to meet The University of Iowa Fleet Safety Program driving standard.

lol I don't think this is a job where you submit an application. Wonder if this means they have made their decision.

This is BS. This board has some of the brightest football minds in the country, but almost none of them are eligible because they put that stupid "10 years experience" thing there.

This is BS. This board has some of the brightest football minds in the country, but almost none of them are eligible because they put that stupid "10 years experience" thing there.

I've been playing Madden and NCAA since at least the mid 90's. Hell, I even ruled on 10 Yard Fight on the original Nintendo. So I have about 24 years experience.

how long have message boards been in existence? certainly 10 or more years. are you saying that doesn't satisfy that qualification? I call BS if you don't think that is satisfactory! :)

Can't believe there is no consideration for video game experience.

I was assuming that was implied. I mean seriously, I have played a game where I purposely punted every possession so my only form of scoring was safeties and won 18-0. That looks good on any resume'.

I was disappointed that I have a Bachelor degree.

Wait.. I thought being little old Iowa we don't do this part.

"ability to recruit national caliber student-athletes"

wow.. the further I read the more I see how unqualified I am. lol

Has Aiken been a Coordinator before?

I was assuming that was implied. I mean seriously, I have played a game where I purposely punted every possession so my only form of scoring was safeties and won 18-0. That looks good on any resume'.

I preferred returning every kick and punt back for touchdowns... AI's have gotten smarter since then though.

I used to own: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNKgpAFOsa0"]Electronic Football[/ame].

Then I actually got a hold of one not too long ago...not so much anymore.

(I hate auto-embedded videos...)

Latest posts