Dbag Saban, again...

Publicly calling out an 18-year-old kid who chooses not to attend your school is totally unnecessary and beyond classless. Can you imagine KF or Lloyd Carr doing that? I think you're being sarcastic.. I hope so.

come on billso - give me a little credit. i'm in early and often in this thread.

FCAS you must mean some people in Alabama, thus referring to Auburn fans. Because not one, and let me say that again in bold NOT ONE Alabama fan is displeased with the recruiting class.
Nope, I am referring to Crimson Tide boosters.

FCAS please stop lying. 2 National Championships, 3 BCS bowls appearances, #1 recruiting class not to mention consistent top 5 recruiting classes and Alabamas first Heisman winner under Saban in siz years.

Your really lying, no one and again I'll put it in bold for your lying growing nose NO ONE in Alabama cares. Congrats on lying though and claiming you know a booster let alone booster(s) from Alabama "that just finds this appalling". Plz don't respond due to sounding like an idiot for trying to refute the obvious.

Because as Hoffa said, 'Karma' is a word that comes to mind both for you and Saban. To your credit you didn't say Saban's approach was cool, but it's pretty clear you find it acceptable. And if that's how you lead your own life, it's going to bite you very hard in the a$$, sooner or later. Not necessarily landing in jail like Madoff, more often landing in a real unhappy marriage, job or both.

I've met lots of guys in business over the years who talk tough about "manning up" and "playing aggressive" and "it ain't cheating if you don't get caught" and "class is for losers". One of them is now a divorced chain-smoking used-car salesman, he doesn't get it and never will.

Are you referring to Chad?

It's really time for the NCAA to get involved and get an early signing period. I know everyone is going to say, "The NCAA doesn't have any teeth", but the fact of the matter is it is a membership body made up by the schools in it. If all the schools start clamoring for an early signing period, it will happen. And all the schools, except for about 10, should want it. For Iowa, it means not getting cherry picked by Notre Dame or Ohio State at the last minute. For schools like Toledo, UNI, and (no offense) Iowa State, it means not getting cherry picked by Iowa.

This story from the OP as well as that story from a couple weeks ago about the running back who had been committed for months to Alabama who had his scholly pulled would be much more easily avoided if these kids could sign an NLI in July. I'm sure Saban will come up with a reason why he won't let them commit the first time around, but it gives the kid time to realize that he's a slimeball and look around.

FCAS please stop lying. 2 National Championships, 3 BCS bowls appearances, #1 recruiting class not to mention consistent top 5 recruiting classes and Alabamas first Heisman winner under Saban in siz years.

Your really lying, no one and again I'll put it in bold for your lying growing nose NO ONE in Alabama cares. Congrats on lying though and claiming you know a booster let alone booster(s) from Alabama "that just finds this appalling". Plz don't respond due to sounding like an idiot for trying to refute the obvious.
Believe what you want to, I don't really care. No need to result to name calling.

I bet Philon, his family, his families friends, his coach, etc. all care somewhat.

Really? Please tell me when Kirk has pulled a kid's scholarship after he had verbally committed. Please. Wait, hold up, the only exception would be if the kid had any problems with the law. Again, tell me when Kirk has pulled a kid's scholarship after he had verbally committed to the program already. That is the topic at hand.

Iowa did it too. Git your head out of KF's a$$. Are people that stupid to dump on other coaches and then in the same breathe say it is ok if KF does it?

Some of you are so loyal and blind to a fault.

I love the hawks and think KF is a great coach but I will refuse to think that the program and people I support are angels.

There are a lot of reasons why the SEC is dominating college football, the recruiting and treatment of players is reason #1. In the south it's all about winning, if a coach doesn't win and is mediocre they get run fast. Yeah, it's "unethical", but in order to win in the SEC it's what they have to do. Oversigning, pulling scholarship offers from commitments, cutting players, etc is a way of life down there. A lot of people on this board complain and cry when Iowa goes 7-6, yet those same people jump over Saban etc for being unethical and going 14-0. You can't have it both ways in the current environment. Do you want 7-6 done in an ethical and nice friendly manner, or do you want 14-0 by being a little unethical and unsavory?

There are a lot of reasons why the SEC is dominating college football, the recruiting and treatment of players is reason #1. In the south it's all about winning, if a coach doesn't win and is mediocre they get run fast. Yeah, it's "unethical", but in order to win in the SEC it's what they have to do. Oversigning, pulling scholarship offers from commitments, cutting players, etc is a way of life down there. A lot of people on this board complain and cry when Iowa goes 7-6, yet those same people jump over Saban etc for being unethical and going 14-0. You can't have it both ways in the current environment. Do you want 7-6 done in an ethical and nice friendly manner, or do you want 14-0 by being a little unethical and unsavory?

There is a middle ground and you don't have to treat players like cattle to win. Urban Meyer has said he didn't like what some schools were doing in recruiting (some of the things you mentioned above) and is one of the reasons why he left the Florida to get away from it.

Maybe you should look up Urban Meyers arrest record and what he did for said punishments..... I remember one kid brought and shot off an automatic AK47 in a fight and was still allowed to return to the team. Be nice if we didn't kick out City Boyz inc or every other kid that gets busted with drugs their first time like you St Urban Meyer the liar did.... Urban Meyer got his first heart attack from Saban, don't forget that

Latest posts