Dbag Saban, again...

Please tell me this was sarcasm that is going undetected.

You don't think Saban's style raises the competition level for everyone on the team? If you're on the bottom of the depth chart, you're worried that he's going to pull your scholarship, and now you're working even harder. Which means the guy ahead of you needs to work even harder and so on and so on. There's no debating whether or not it works, he just lets you know right up front he's all about winning, it's not personal the kid just wasn't good enough.

You don't think Saban's style raises the competition level for everyone on the team? If you're on the bottom of the depth chart, you're worried that he's going to pull your scholarship, and now you're working even harder. Which means the guy ahead of you needs to work even harder and so on and so on. There's no debating whether or not it works, he just lets you know right up front he's all about winning, it's not personal the kid just wasn't good enough.

Sorry, but I am not sure how you get "lets you know right up front" out of lying straight to kids and their parents.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I am not sure how you get "lets you know right up front" out of lying straight to kids and their parents.

Because it's better now then him getting his scholarship pulled after one year and being forced to redshirt when he transfers. He's not ruining any of the kid's eligibility.

Because it's better now then him getting his scholarship pulled after one year and being forced to redshirt when he transfers. He's not ruining any of the kid's eligibility.

So being a di** is cool as long as you do it early? You sound like a nice fella. :rolleyes:

How would you feel if you got a job offer, accepted the offer, and on Monday morning when you show up you are told to get lost because they gave it to someone else.

So being a di** is cool as long as you do it early? You sound like a nice fella. :rolleyes:

How would you feel if you got a job offer, accepted the offer, and on Monday morning when you show up you are told to get lost because they gave it to someone else.

Didn't say it was cool. I said it works, and it does. That's why Saban has three rings.

Didn't say it was cool. I said it works, and it does. That's why Saban has three rings.

And Bernie Madoff was rich. So what.

I would not want a dirtball as a coach, maybe that is just me. (although I think you are the minority here)

So being a di** is cool as long as you do it early? You sound like a nice fella. :rolleyes:How would you feel if you got a job offer, accepted the offer, and on Monday morning when you show up you are told to get lost because they gave it to someone else.

Karma is a word that comes to mind both for you and Saban. I would hope HS coaches and parents realize what this ****** is doing to ruin some kids only shot at getting an education.

Karma, slimball, blah blah blah

If you want a a good chance at winning a National Championship you go to Alabama. If you want a coach thats going to cut the fat out of the program you got to Alabama. No question his methods might be considered unethical but he still runs his program legal. Now if you want a coach or even a fan base that's going to hold your hand, wisper sweet nothings in your ear while stroking your hair don't look at Alabama. Cause they/we want the program run the way it is, if you don't like it commit else where or root against us.

But if your going to whine about your favorite team not winning every game, you better root for Alabama or grow up!

That is shockingly classless. Took my breath away - are you f-in kidding me?

what's wrong with this? these kids are just a piece of the puzzle anyway. pawns, not even pawn stars. cut the fat, f the kids. it's all about fans feeling good about themselves so they can go in and touch the national championship trophy at the local wal mart.

it's all legal so who gives a rip.

Karma, slimball, blah blah blahIf you want a a good chance at winning a National Championship you go to Alabama. If you want a coach thats going to cut the fat out of the program you got to Alabama. No question his methods might be considered unethical but he still runs his program legal. Now if you want a coach or even a fan base that's going to hold your hand, wisper sweet nothings in your ear while stroking your hair don't look at Alabama. Cause they/we want the program run the way it is, if you don't like it commit else where or root against us.But if your going to whine about your favorite team not winning every game, you better root for Alabama or grow up!

There is a middle ground. There are a ton of coaches that have successful programs without treating players like cattle.

what's wrong with this? these kids are just a piece of the puzzle anyway. pawns, not even pawn stars. cut the fat, f the kids. it's all about fans feeling good about themselves so they can go in and touch the national championship trophy at the local wal mart.

it's all legal so who gives a rip.

Publicly calling out an 18-year-old kid who chooses not to attend your school is totally unnecessary and beyond classless. Can you imagine KF or Lloyd Carr doing that? I think you're being sarcastic.. I hope so.

By successful, I assume you mean they've won three national titles also? So please list those "successful" coaches.

Why are you an Iowa fan? Serious question.

I think you would be much happier if you root for Bama, Yankees, and the Patriots.

That is shockingly classless. Took my breath away - are you f-in kidding me?
what's wrong with this? these kids are just a piece of the puzzle anyway. pawns, not even pawn stars. cut the fat, f the kids. it's all about fans feeling good about themselves so they can go in and touch the national championship trophy at the local wal mart.it's all legal so who gives a rip.

When Iowa wins one I am hoping they aim a bit higher, like Target.

In the working world, why?

Because as Hoffa said, 'Karma' is a word that comes to mind both for you and Saban. To your credit you didn't say Saban's approach was cool, but it's pretty clear you find it acceptable. And if that's how you lead your own life, it's going to bite you very hard in the a$$, sooner or later. Not necessarily landing in jail like Madoff, more often landing in a real unhappy marriage, job or both.

I've met lots of guys in business over the years who talk tough about "manning up" and "playing aggressive" and "it ain't cheating if you don't get caught" and "class is for losers". One of them is now a divorced chain-smoking used-car salesman, he doesn't get it and never will.

The south is an odd place.

Conservative moral values on the surface meshed with a meat market mentality in the college football realm. Thinking back to the coaching scandals down in the SEC....the mistress texts with Nutt, and Price's stripper escapade for just 1 night that got him fired. Some other coach I seem to recall was involved with some scandal in the last 5-10 years. That **** will get you canned, but bending the rules of the NCAA as much as possible though, is completely fair game in the SEC.

As much as i would like to punch the Texas university collectively in its face, UT is mostly just guilty of down right greed. I do detest that, but when I think of a dirty program and its ring leader....Mack Brown does not come to mind though.

Latest posts