Dayton's Gregory "not interested" in Iowa job

So what is your point?

PR won 2 more games in one year then Chiz won in 2 years with the same group of players.

That Auburn didn't exactly suck last year. I know the talent there is far superior to that found in Ames, but it seemed like a lot of people thought he would fall flat on his face.

It should also be noted that Rhoads won with players he didn't recruit.

That Auburn didn't exactly suck last year. I know the talent there is far superior to that found in Ames, but it seemed like a lot of people thought he would fall flat on his face.

It should also be noted that Rhoads won with players he didn't recruit.

I never said Auburn sucked or Chizik couldn't coach. I just think Rhoads is a better coach and ISU is better off with him than Chizik. And your last sentence pretty much backs that up that Rhoades got more out of Chizik's players in 1 year then Chizik got out of them in 2 years.

Sports Illustrated's Seth Davis posted this today:

As for Iowa, I was told that the school inquired about Dayton's Brian Gregory but Gregory wasn't interested.

Sorry Stormin!!

Seth says not interested, Katz says he is. People I have talked to say there's interest.

Good. Not that impressed with his record or team. Watched Cinci game, and they act like street thugs. Winning the NIT is meaningless. Talk to Penn State.

You mean they played physical defense like MSU? Thugs like that,I want.
Or did they start punching guys on the court? I do not want that.
Actual thugs hurt people,intentionally,putting them in the hospital...did they do that?

I never said Auburn sucked or Chizik couldn't coach. I just think Rhoads is a better coach and ISU is better off with him than Chizik. And your last sentence pretty much backs that up that Rhoades got more out of Chizik's players in 1 year then Chizik got out of them in 2 years.

I'm sorry, I could have sworn you asked what my point was. He may well be a better coach than Chiz, but of the games ISU won last year, how many do you think they lose if Chizik is their coach? Nebraska is the only answer to that question. ISU won every game they were supposed to win last year, and one that they probably shouldn't have.

I guess I have a hard time getting excited about a coach who has finished 7th or worse in the A10 4/7 years and two of three of those years he didn't were his first two. A10 is a pretty good basketball conference but it is hard for me to understand that lack of success in conference. I agree that last night his team was exciting at times but it also left me with a bit of headache. Maybe he has improved has a coach over those 7 years but I just think he has a track record of fading as the year goes on which concerns me. I also don't think he would get enough of the type of players he needs to run his system at Iowa. His system was much more fast paced then Mr. Davis's or Pearls.

One fan's rose is another fan's garbage,eh?

Actually, I think there are about 16 coaches that are embraced by their fan bases right now in the country...and the rest think that their coach is an underachieving piece of fecal matter....makes it tough to hire anyone but one of those 16...altho that will be pared to 4 by the end of the weekend. Fans....fanatics is the more apt description of us.

Latest posts