David Palmer FWIW

DuffMan

He is averaging 18.5 points and 6.5 rebounds a game in about 25 minutes per game.

His last game he scored a career high 39 points on 17-27 shooting (no 3 point attempts) and pulled down 9 boards.

If Archie were healthy I don't think this would as big of an issue but we sure could use a 3rd big man and additional rebounding right now.

Yet the basketball experts on this board last year were saying that Palmer wasn't worthy of playing time.. I still think it's a crock that he suddenly lost his playing time soon after the 20+ he put up against Wisconsin. We lose that game without him.

Northern Kentucky University. Hes the only player on his team above 6-6. I've snuck a peak at a few box scores and it looks like he hasn't attempted more than a handfull of 3's this year and he's gotten to the line a lot. It looks like hes spending a lot of time with his back to the basket and using his size against much smaller players.

You do realize that when he was given the opportunity he played very well for those games against D-1 talent. Then back to the bench he went.

This. Palmer played two very good back-to-back games @Purdue and home vs. Wisconsin. He was a definite contributor, and it's still beyond me why he lost his PT again. I guess he wasn't being a "system" player.

Yet, do some people expect Devon Archie and his 6.8 ppg at the Juco level to come in and save us, while at the same time bashing Palmer's good numbers because they were earned at the DII level?

Last edited:
This. Palmer played two very good back-to-back games @Purdue and home vs. Wisconsin. He was a definite contributor, and it's still beyond me why he lost his PT again. I guess he wasn't being a "system" player.

I'm sure the condition the program is in is directly related to David Palmer and his playing time at Iowa from last year.....Give it a rest, you have plenty of other legitimate things to b!tch about with this program, and we all know we will hear about all of them from you.

I'm sure the condition the program is in is directly related to David Palmer and his playing time at Iowa from last year.....Give it a rest, you have plenty of other legitimate things to b!tch about with this program, and we all know we will hear about all of them from you.

Nope, there are plenty of other reasons for the program being in poor shape, with the Palmer transfer being just one of them. I have my opinions, and you have yours. I call it as I see it, whether it makes you happy or not.

Last edited:

Not going to give it a rest with you Dean. You say he is doing it against Division II talent but yet he did it against D-1 Talent at Iowa during the Big Ten Season. So he was given the opportunity last year because of the condition of the program. When given the opportunity he performed well. Now, you give it a rest... :)

Not going to give it a rest with you Dean. You say he is doing it against Division II talent but yet he did it against D-1 Talent at Iowa during the Big Ten Season. So he was given the opportunity last year because of the condition of the program. When given the opportunity he performed well. Now, you give it a rest... :)

I didn't know there was such love for David Palmer on these boards....I didn't even care he left as he played 2 good games for us in how many years? I'm sure you are right though, that is all coaches fault, as he is showing how dominate he is now. :rolleyes:

Nope, there are plenty of other reasons for the program being in poor shape, with the Palmer transfer being just one of them. I have my opinions, and you have yours. I call it as I see it, whether it makes you happy or not.

That was my point, plenty of other legitimate things to b!tch about, that I find it surprising the way people are taking to this one is all.

I didn't know there was such love for David Palmer on these boards....I didn't even care he left as he played 2 good games for us in how many years? I'm sure you are right though, that is all coaches fault, as he is showing how dominate he is now. :rolleyes:

Everyone wants to talk about his 1st two starts. Yes they were very good. But what about his last 3 starts, after other teams got some tape on him?

Averages -- 5.0 points, 3.67 rebounds, shooting under 40% from the floor and 50% from the line while playing over 20 minutes per game.

I wish Palmer had seen more of the floor last season, and particularly that he'd gotten a shot early in the season. I think he would have had a very good career under a coach like Tom Davis, but by personality type I don't think he was well suited for either Alford or Lickliter. I consider that primarily the failing of the coaches and not of Palmer. Few players have been as unlucky in terms of coaching changes in their college careers as Palmer has been.

However, citing his offensive statistics at a D-II school doesn't tell us very much about what we lost, and it tells us nothing about how he does on the defensive end--which as much as anything contributed to his benching at Iowa.

Everyone wants to talk about his 1st two starts. Yes they were very good. But what about his last 3 starts, after other teams got some tape on him?

Averages -- 5.0 points, 3.67 rebounds, shooting under 40% from the floor and 50% from the line while playing over 20 minutes per game.

^^^this^^^

Just like Alfraud, he left the Iowa program. End of story. I bleed Black and Gold for the coaches and players that want to be HERE.

Miamihawkeye

D1 athlete playing at a D2 school. Palmer had a bad attitude while at Iowa, and that's enough to bench him. I'm sure now he is working his butt off in the hopes of an NBA contract. Maybe he's trying to prove a point that he could have played at Iowa? In any case, he's not at Iowa and I could care less.

Latest posts