David Palmer FWIW

Originally Posted by hawkinaclownhouse
Everyone wants to talk about his 1st two starts. Yes they were very good. But what about his last 3 starts, after other teams got some tape on him?

Averages -- 5.0 points, 3.67 rebounds, shooting under 40% from the floor and 50% from the line while playing over 20 minutes per game.
^^^this^^^

It's so easy to say well look he had 2 very good games and then his next 3 he wasn't very productive. Seriously I could say that for many, many D-1 players. You can't judge any player from 5 games. My only problem was he never really got another opportunity.
Look at Gatens to start this season. Not like he was blowing it up and that was against inferior competition.

I could look at almost every Iowa player and make cases for good games than in a hole. Bawinkel, Tucker, Cougs Etc....

I would rather have Palmer on the court right now than Bawinkel and that isn't even close..

Last edited:
I would rather have Palmer on the court right now than Bawinkel and that isn't even close..

I never realized that 6-9 David Palmer is a D1 SHOOTING GUARD? That's the position that Bawinkel plays, not Palmer.

Actually, part of Palmer's problem (in addition to his lack of defense and rebounding) was that he acted like he was supposed to be a shooting guard instead of a post player.

I simply don't understand the love some people have for this guy.

Northern Kentucky could beat Ames High(joke, sarcasm, humor, trying to be funny, making lite of an earlier thread, smiley face here!!!)

I never realized that 6-9 David Palmer is a D1 SHOOTING GUARD? That's the position that Bawinkel plays, not Palmer.

Actually, part of Palmer's problem (in addition to his lack of defense and rebounding) was that he acted like he was supposed to be a shooting guard instead of a post player.

I simply don't understand the love some people have for this guy.

Bawinkel plays? I would rather say occupies.

D1 athlete playing at a D2 school. Palmer had a bad attitude while at Iowa, and that's enough to bench him. I'm sure now he is working his butt off in the hopes of an NBA contract. Maybe he's trying to prove a point that he could have played at Iowa? In any case, he's not at Iowa and I could care less.

That begs the question why did you read and respond to the thread...

Seton Hall dropped him because he was lazy and that characteristic followed him to Iowa as well. Some guys just don't want to better themselves. Northern Kentucky is clearly a powerhouse, so it must mean he'll be an All-American averaging 18+ pts./game.

Bawinkel plays? I would rather say occupies.

As opposed to Palmer and his stellar defensive and rebounding effort...along with shooting the basketball every time he touched it? We're not missing anything with his absence, there's no doubt about it.

Again, why the love for Palmer (who packed up and left a D1 school on two different occasions) and the simultaneous lack of respect for one of our current players? :confused:

deanvogs........fyi Palmer outscored (total of both games), outrebounded and blocked JuJuan Johnson's shots in both games against Purdue last year. I believe Johnson was an All Big 10 performer last year. Palmer, of course, wasn't good enough for Lickliter.

deanvogs........fyi Palmer outscored (total of both games), outrebounded and blocked JuJuan Johnson's shots in both games against Purdue last year. I believe Johnson was an All Big 10 performer last year. Palmer, of course, wasn't good enough for Lickliter.

I'm not sure why you pointed this post at me. If you want to try to say Palmer is better than Johnson, knock yourself out.....

It was very disappointing to see Palmer languish on our bench the past couple seasons when we could have used his offensive game and inside/outside skill set..... especially this season.

I'm not sure why but I'm guessing it had less to do with his game.... more a personality mis-match or something.

Latest posts