Dave from CFBMatrix...

What others might be seeing in Iowa:

PAST SEVERAL YEARS
Complete and total mediocrity
LAST YEAR
--Season ending losses to Wisconsin and Nebraska, at home, (and do you recall the near home loss to Ball State?)
--Bowl blowout loss to TN (you wonder why an SEC guy might doubt the Hawks?)
THIS YEAR
--57 yard field goal to win a close game against a good but probably not great team
--Improbable fumble at the 2 by Wisky, costing them the likely win
--Relatively narrow win over an ISU team capable of giving up 50+ to really good teams
--Injured QB not playing 100%
--Unimaginative, traditional offense
--A team that will need to be at its best to beat its final four opponents (who have, what, two conference wins amongst them?)

This is not what many Iowa fans see but it's what some of the pundits see. I'm just sayin'. Anyway, not to worry. It will all sort itself out by season's end.

Just beat Indiana. Talking about the CFP is simply ridiculous right now. We have 4, and possibly 5, additional games to play, and then a sixth game because Iowa will be bowling. That is a lot of football left to be played

PAST SEVERAL YEARS
LAST YEAR
--Season ending losses to Wisconsin and Nebraska, at home, (and do you recall the near home loss to Ball State?)
THIS YEAR
--57 yard field goal to win a close game against a good but probably not great team
--Relatively narrow win over an ISU team capable of giving up 50+ to really good teams
--A team that will need to be at its best to beat its final four opponents (who have, what, two conference wins amongst them?)

This is not what many Iowa fans see but it's what some of the pundits see. I'm just sayin'. Anyway, not to worry. It will all sort itself out by season's end.

Very true and we all know it too. That's what makes this whole thing head scratching and unbelievable........ but it sure is a lot of fun!!! Who in the hell would have thought after Kirks for two seasons that we were just two years away from having three years in a row of being ranked in the top ten??????? Football can be a strange and unpredictable thing.

PAST SEVERAL YEARS
LAST YEAR
THIS YEAR

14 point win is far from narrow in a road game against a rival. Party narrowly survived Rutgers and Purdue. Buckeyes narrowly survived Indiana.

Just beat Indiana. Talking about the CFP is simply ridiculous right now. We have 4, and possibly 5, additional games to play, and then a sixth game because Iowa will be bowling. That is a lot of football left to be played

I'm a big fan of this thinking. I'm guilty of over thinking this cfp mess.

Just win Hawks.

Its fun to think about and college football is suppose to be fun and intertaining. Even Kirk took a little liberty and told the players is ok to think big. It's a great motivator for them to put in that little extra in practice and in the weight room and that little extra can pay dividends down the road.

I am sure the player's focus right now is on one game and that is Indiana. It's been several years since Iowa fans have had a chance to think big and dream a little. I am going to keep dreaming as long as we keep winning.

So this "style" thing may be in vogue since, (and contrary to what others say on here) Ohio state DID have those very close call wins, they were penalized by the committee to not be undefeated defending champions ranked at #1, and were demoted to 3rd place....So style points do matter even if undefeated! Just ask OSU fans (especially if they slide from 3rd to 5th while winning out)!

Here's a thought...does the Big Ten Champion get left at home for the playoffs if they have 1 loss? And everyone else has 1 loss? Or say Clemson and LSU are only undefeated? Even if it's OSU, or MSU, or, pray tell Iowa? I'd say Iowa is in pretty good shape by winning out, and it's hard to fathum a CFP without a b1G representative. So there's that.

I just hope we can do it as it's going to be like the island of misfit toys when the toys thought Rudolf wasn't coming and had forgotten about them. Lol

"I knew we weren't for real." "Just another year gone by and nobody wants us." "I knew Kirk would screw this all up."

.......... "but wait? What's that noise??" Christmas bells chiming in the distance and getting louder by the minute...... "It's Rudolf and he leading Santa's slay!!!!!" "but wait? Whose that player??" iowa croud roaring and getting loader by the minute..... "It's CJ and he is leading the team to the unthinkable season!!!!" CJ with your arm so strong, can you prove the ESPN pundits wrong?

Go HAWKS and kick Azz!!!!!!

Who plays the elf who wants to be a dentist in this tail of seasonal joy and wonderment?

Latest posts