Darboh to Michigan

I'm more concernered that this is the second year in a row the top talent in the state was plucked by an out of state school. We have to lock down those borders.

Yeah but honestly Kirk would rather get a kid not as good, but has a chip on his shoulder...you know that coach talk BS...face it he is just not a good recruiter at all...tired of his crap....especially the Iowa is not sexy bs he pulls all the time.

I'm not going to claim that KF is a great recruiter, no he is not. But saying that losing French and Darboh just proves how horrible he is, is just plain ridiculous.

Both wanted to be parts of flashy offensive attacks. That's not Iowa. KF isn't going to pull a Zook and promise them what he knows he won't provide.

French wanted to play TE, he wasn't going to do that at Iowa due to the fact he had bad hands, but Oregon said he could play TE so he went there.

Darboh, not an Iowa fan as a kid, not every kid is. Michigan had a good year, coach was a fan, and hey Michigan would be a pretty sweet place to play, don't even try to say it wouldn't be, and Hoke is doing one heck of a job up there.

So to say that KF is a horrible recruiter due to these 2 kids going out of state is ridiculous.

Why is the writing on the wall? Why is this over? We survived life without Arrington and we will survive without Darboh.

Also those that say we didn't get the top rated recruit last year. I would argue that we did. Blythe. French was rated as a DE which he did NOT want to play, he wants to be a TE and we know he had hands of stone which couldn't work.

Iowa isn't going to get every recruit in state to stay, just as we take some of Illinois, Wisconsin etc. top recruits every year.

To those that think losing one recruit, an 18 year old high school kid is the end of it for this program needs to take a big dose of reality and grow up.

Exactly. Unfortunately "the sky is falling! the sky is falling!" plays better on internet message boards, so that's the prevailing opinion you'll see.

Also, I should make clear that I really wanted Darboh to come to Iowa and am disappointed, but it is not the end of the world.

Also, I did not care if French chose Iowa or not and was not disappointed, and that was my stance from day 1.

Epic fail coaching staff, yet another star athlete leaves for greener pastures. The writing is on the wall
Epic fail for your post.

Out of the top 25 ranked players on Rivals, 10 are currently committed to a school. Of those 10, only 4 have signed to a school in their home state. By your criteria, the home state coaches for the other 6 have epic fails.

If coaches were able to keep all the best talent in-state, Iowa would not be competitive at all.

not that it makes much difference but i was looking at Mabin
very close to Darbogh
Darbogh 6'2 190 4.42 40
Mabin 6'2 190 4.4 40

i don't see that much difference other than Mabin is a tad faster, this may not mean much either, but he did play in the States Largest Classes in Florida
and we have done pretty good with WR's from Florida
the more recruit we can get from Florida the better

OK, next man in! Life is too short too worry about every little negative thing that happens. Still hoping for Garmon,Kozan,Lambert,Schutt,Boehm another RB and WR.

C'mon Cheeson!

Unfortunately shortly after Darboh committed, Chesson tweeted his support and made it sound like he would be joining Darboh at Michigan. Though he did say he would honor his promise to visit Iowa first. Gee, thanks a lot.
I do agree with those saying we do have 2 very good commits already and a shot at some up and coming kids who had great senior years.

Who cares....Let's worry about our recruits. I watched him play alot the last couple years since he is in my city's conference. When he wants to actually put forth the effort he can be good. He runs a lazy route most of the time. Let Michigan have him.

Lets see...choose a program that is on its way up and plays exciting football or a program that is stuck in 2nd gear, spinning its wheels, plays ultra conservatively, and takes no risks.

wonder how many times the coach told him that "Iowa has no sizzle?"

I've seen quite a few Dowling games the past few years and I think Amara is very overrated and am not going to lose sleep over this one. Good kid, good size, average speed, and average hands. It will be interesting to see how he does at scUM.

I'm not going to claim that KF is a great recruiter, no he is not. But saying that losing French and Darboh just proves how horrible he is, is just plain ridiculous.

Both wanted to be parts of flashy offensive attacks. That's not Iowa. KF isn't going to pull a Zook and promise them what he knows he won't provide.

French wanted to play TE, he wasn't going to do that at Iowa due to the fact he had bad hands, but Oregon said he could play TE so he went there.

Darboh, not an Iowa fan as a kid, not every kid is. Michigan had a good year, coach was a fan, and hey Michigan would be a pretty sweet place to play, don't even try to say it wouldn't be, and Hoke is doing one heck of a job up there.

So to say that KF is a horrible recruiter due to these 2 kids going out of state is ridiculous.

I think Kirk's problem is he is too genuine. You need to be a snake to be a great recruiting team in a non- hotbed location. I don't actually think French will ever play TE at Oregon, and I don't think Chip Kelly does either. He got the body there, and due to the tough transfer rules, he is pretty much stuck. He will likely still end up on defense.

I think Kirk's problem is he is too genuine. You need to be a snake to be a great recruiting team in a non- hotbed location. I don't actually think French will ever play TE at Oregon, and I don't think Chip Kelly does either. He got the body there, and due to the tough transfer rules, he is pretty much stuck. He will likely still end up on defense.

I agre with you, that French was never going to play TE, but he believed it. I would rather have a genuine coach and miss out on a few guys than have a Zooker.

If recruits listen to a coach that gets kids to the NFL and he says you are not a TE (especially coming from Iowa) they should listen. Oh well. It is what it is.

I've seen quite a few Dowling games the past few years and I think Amara is very overrated and am not going to lose sleep over this one. Good kid, good size, average speed, and average hands. It will be interesting to see how he does at scUM.
1-yeah he must totally suck! He is now a part of the 2nd ranked Michigan football recruiting class. Totally would think those jerk-offs don't know how to evalaute talent.
2-Really? He's a 4* -anybody in this state would love to have his talent if he has the right attitude(don't know one way or other about his attitude).

If he committed to Iowa then "awesome player" if he commits elsewhere then "over rated". Personally I think grades were an issue. :D

Good luck Darboh.

Wrong. If you hate Ferentz, fine. But saying this is so far fetched and ridiculous it discredits anything else you try to say.

I don't hate Ferentz at all, it's just been a bad week for us on the recruiting trail and losing some of last years class has me miffed at what is going on at Iowa. Sorry if that bothers you for some reason. I hate to see an instate 6 foot plus wr who runs a 4.42 get away when we lack top end speed at that position.

Regardless of the specifics it never looks good when the best talent leaves the state two years in a row. And to top it off he's at a position of need and emphasis this year. We have a tough time recruiting as it is. Not locking down our borders is what is frustrating. It's one thing in basketball when we stink and expectations are in the toilet. But football is a different animal.

I don't know about French
But Darbogh was not born and raised in Iowa
so the lifelong Hawkeye doesn't apply
and a 4.42 speed in the 40 is not slow
Darbogh is a 4* on rivals and scout and is a 3* on ESPN
so he is not the best receiver out there
Mabin is a 3* on all 3 sites and has 4.4 speed so the speeds there
I personally am not going to miss the kid

Good point that we at least have a qb who can throw. I agree the more players from Florida the better, during our first "run" from 02-04, lots of Florida talent. Good luck at Michigan darboh, you would of been a four year starter and legend at Iowa. Just another face in the crowd in Ann Arbor

Latest posts