Darboh to Michigan

Unfortunately shortly after Darboh committed, Chesson tweeted his support and made it sound like he would be joining Darboh at Michigan. Though he did say he would honor his promise to visit Iowa first. Gee, thanks a lot.
I do agree with those saying we do have 2 very good commits already and a shot at some up and coming kids who had great senior years.
That irks me a lot more than losing Darboh. Both to the same freaking school? Really?

Iowa is in on;
David Perkins out of Indiana; was committed to ND ,now has iowa in top 6
rivals has him as a 4* athlete 6'2 205 4.442 40
espn has him as a 4*
scout has him as a 4*

same height about 10 lbs heavier than Darbogh
this is why i no longer care if the instate kids leave and as i said he was not born in this state and only lived here for 5 years

1-yeah he must totally suck! He is now a part of the 2nd ranked Michigan football recruiting class. Totally would think those jerk-offs don't know how to evalaute talent.
2-Really? He's a 4* -anybody in this state would love to have his talent if he has the right attitude(don't know one way or other about his attitude).

You're just not that smart, are you? Reading comprehension 101, left to right, up and down. Tylenol for headaches, midol for cramps.

Where did I say he totally sucked, again? He's a nice player, yes, but I've never been on the Darboh train and didn't really care from the beginning if we got him or not. There are other WR's we are in on who I think are better. I have buddies on the Dowling staff who have said the same thing - good size, needs to work on speed, hands, and route running. If he does that he will be a good get for scUM. IF not, well then he's just another average college receiver. Do I think he could become a better receiver at Iowa? Yes, because I think Soup is a better coach than the Meeeechigan WR coach. JMO.

To sum it up, you know nothing. :rolleyes:

I've seen quite a few Dowling games the past few years and I think Amara is very overrated and am not going to lose sleep over this one. Good kid, good size, average speed, and average hands. It will be interesting to see how he does at scUM.
So you're saying the head coach wanted someone who is overrated with avg hands and speed? With friends like you, KF doesn't need (any more) enemies.

So you're saying the head coach wanted someone who is overrated with avg hands and speed? With friends like you, KF doesn't need (any more) enemies.

Wow...some of you on here need to go back to school, or better yet, get back to class.
Darboh's size alone is going to get him a ton of looks. I said if he works on his hands, speed and route running he'll be a great player. But he has to "develop" into that type of player which our coaches are good at doing. Sound familiar? Time will tell if that will happen. I'm not going to lose sleep over someone who doesn't have all the tools yet, which, by in large, most of these kids don't. You guys get way too worked up about losing out on some of these higher starred kids. Capice? Plus, I think I'll take the words of some of the coaches at a state powerhouse who have worked closely with him over the words of some random internet know it all posters. :rolleyes:

I think most would agree that it is easier for a good athlete to stand out playing in Iowa as compared to a state like Florida which has a lot more good athletes. This makes it hard to compare two kids from two different states. And of course one never knows which one will develop more at the college level.

kids from states like Florida, Texas and California are hard to keep track of
there are too many
in states like Iowa the better players stick out like a red herring in a tub of shrimp

Latest posts